Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the H-Encore2 PS Vita 3.65-3.71 Jailbreak and Sony's 3.72 OFW Update comes a PS Vita / PS TV 3.71 & 3.72 Downgrader to 3.65 Firmware by SKGleba on Twitter, with a dsll-mdr72.vpk guide below alongside a video tutorial from NanospeedGamer on his YouTube Channel. :geek:

Download: dsll-mdr72.vpk / GIT / modoru.vpk (no need for dsll-mdr72 any longer) / GIT

:alert: As always, downgrading is done at your own risk so be sure to follow all documentation closely to avoid the possibility of PlayStation Vita / TV bricking!

From the README.md: Plaintext update_sm loader for 3.71 - 3.72 based on decsec-ldr

This tool will make lv0 load plaintext "ux0:data/update_sm.bin" instead of "os0:sm/update_sm.self".

Usage
  1. Download and install the VPK
  2. Put decrypted update_sm elf in "ux0:data/update_sm.bin"
  3. Run the app, it should say "module loaded"
    • If it hangs or crashes you will need to reboot by holding the POWER button
Notes
  • Framework injection reliability: 25%
  • Framework stability: 90%
  • Before performing dangerous operations such as downgrading please make sure that the framework is stable (i.e by running the settings and welcome park apps)
:arrow: And here's the Vita/TV 3.72 downgrade guide from Pastebin.com:

How to downgrade PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV from firmware 3.71 or 3.72 to firmware 3.65.

1) Required files:
2) Preparing everything
  • Install both VPKs via vitashell
  • Copy the 3.65 PUP to ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP and the 3.72 PUP to ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE/PSP2UPDAT.PUP if you have a memory card
  • Copy the update_sm.bin to ux0:data/update_sm.bin
  • Power off your device
3) Downgrading
  • Power on your device
  • Enable homebrew with h-encore2
  • Start "decsecldr[LITE]", wait until it says "module loaded" and then press [start] to exit
  • If your console hangs (longer than 15secs) or crashes - hold the [power] button for 20s and repeat from step 3, this may happen A LOT of times, good luck!
  • Start "modoru" and follow the instructions displayed on screen
  • That's it!
4) Troubleshooting
  • If you get a long "floating bubble" before modoru starts - abort the process and repeat from step 3.
  • If you encounter a crash during the downgrade process (green screen) - reboot to safemode by holding PS+RT+POWER and select update system firmware->update from vita memory card.
Downgrade PSVita 3.72 & 3.71 + Henkaku ENSO 3.65 !! via NanospeedGamer's YouTube Channel

Thanks to SKGleba, TeamMolecule and TheFlow. We finally have downgrade for our PSVita in version 3.72 and 3.71, and all thanks to this great PSVita Devs team!

Also with this tutorial you can install Enso, permanent Henkaku, on your PSVita!!

Download: Downgrade Vita 2019 (1).rar (254.4 MB)

How To Downgrade Your PS Vita On 3.71 / 3.72 FW! H-encore² | dsll-mdr72 | 3.72 ➤ 3.65
Downgrade PS Vita 3.71/3.72 to 3.65 | modoru | dsll-mdr72 by Tech Exploit
How To Downgrade With Moduru V2.0 PS Vita 3.71/3.72 FW! + HENkaku Enso!
DSLL-MDR72 PS Vita  PS TV 3.71 & 3.72 Downgrader to 3.65 Firmware by SKGleba.jpg

Comments

Trying to downgrade my 3.72 PSTV and I keep getting Green Screen error so I went into safe mode like troubleshooting said and selected update via memory card. But it just installed 3.72 again.

Finally got it done after 3 failed attempts. Turns out it was Modoru 2.1 didn't work for me. Cuz switched it to 1.0 and worked np on 1st try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back