Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As they did in 2019 and 2020 pre-pandemic, according to reports Sony will be skipping the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2021 annual event and focusing on their own PlayStation State of Play venues instead. :unsure:

Hosted in part by The Entertainment Software Association (ESA), E3 2021 will be an all-digital event taking place from June 12th through June 15th this year and featuring a four-day-long video stream via YouTube and Twitch with an E3 App for digital attendees to keep track of everything.

According to GameSpot.com, to quote: "Since it's just around the corner, that's led many people to wonder if Sony is going to attend the event in 2021.

That is not the case: The PS5 manufacturer is skipping E3 for the third year in a row, after eschewing 2019 and 2020." :nolove:

Nevertheless, below is a tentative E3 2021 Events Schedule courtesy of GamesRadar.com for those interested... to quote:

:arrow: Guerrilla Collective Showcase
  • Time: 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 4PM BST
  • Date: June 12
  • What to expect: Guerrilla Collective's second E3 showcase is being held on June 12, continuing its announcements, reveals, and other gaming news.
:arrow: Wholesome Direct
  • Time: 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST
  • What to expect: Wholesome Games is back with the Wholesome Direct 2021, which is a wonderful collection of adorable and, well, wholesome games that you should look out for. Expect the presentation to feature over 75 games, all of which are guaranteed to be good for your soul.
:arrow: Ubisoft Forward
  • Time: 12PM PT / 3PM ET / 8PM BST
  • What to expect: Ubisoft Forward is happening again this year in lieu of a in-person E3 conference, which is the name for the digital showcases Ubisoft started when E3 was canceled last year due to the pandemic. This year we'd expect to get some updates on Far Cry 6 and the VR Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell projects, along with Riders Republic. There may be more info on the Assassin's Creed Valhalla DLC roadmap too, but we've got our fingers crossed for an update on Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well.
:arrow: Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase
  • Time: 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST
  • Date: June 13
  • What to expect: Microsoft and Bethesda is delivering a 90-minute showcase that is packed "with everything you want to know about the epic gaming line-up coming out of this partnership, the incredible games coming to Xbox this holiday, upcoming releases on Xbox Game Pass, and more". The teaser image itself, which you can see above, suggests Halo Infinite and Starfield are going to dominate the showcase, along with other unannounced titles.
:arrow: Future Games Show
  • Time: TBC
  • What to expect: Future Games Show is now into its second year, and while we're not ready to reveal any of the games that will appear in our next show, we're always trying to provide a platform for major releases and smaller projects alike.
:arrow: PC Gaming Show
  • Time: TBC
  • What to expect: The PC Gaming Show began in 2015 and is now in its sixth year, so expect some exciting stuff from our sister site PC Gamer. Previous games featured at the PC Gaming Show include Borderlands 3, Valheim, XCOM 2, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, Warframe, Baldur's Gate 3 so don't forget to tune in.
:arrow: Nintendo E3 Showcase
  • Time: 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM BST
  • Date: June 15
  • What to expect: Nintendo skipped doing an E3 showcase last year, but has now confirmed it will host a Nintendo E3 2021 event on June 15. The showcase will feature around 40 minutes of info on upcoming Nintendo Switch games "mainly releasing in 2021". After that though, there will be around three hours of Treehouse: Live deep dives into a handful of those titles to look forward to as well. I imagine we'll see Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, potentially some Splatoon 3, along with glimpses of the upcoming Pokemon titles - Pokemon Legends: Arceus and the Diamond and Pearl remakes - among hopefully some new ones. Could we even see the Nintendo Switch Pro make an appearance?
⁉️ Should Sony PlayStation still have an annual presence at E3, or are they doing fine hosting their own events instead? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. 🗣️📣
E3 2021 Events Schedule, Sony Reportedly Skipping Electronic Entertainment Expo.jpg

Comments

They announced this a long while back and I think it's a mistake. PS4 was already a juggernaut the first time Sony didn't attend E3. They didn't have to waste millions for what amounts to a giant advertisement.

Now? They all do. In this time where their hardware is almost impossible to find they need to be explaining and reassuring customers of their plans and vision.

Microsoft and Nintendo absolutely will. They'll show games but they'll each talk about the shortages and their plans to alleviate the problem. What comes next, etc. It'll be a good chance to get a positive message out.

To miss that chance is a bad move on Sony's part, IMO. Little things like that will cost them marketshare when the devices are readily available again.

That said, I'm not a real big fan of their current leadership as is so maybe that's not a priority for them and/or any E3 they'd have put on would be awful. We can't know so I'll stop speculation there but I think it's a mistake to pass on it entirely (from a direct sense, some Sony dev studios may be there).

The link to the E3 app didn't work for me, tried on my phone just now i got an error

Btw just went to the store and installed the app, ...and it is TRASH, i mean trying to enlist in to the CIA would've been easier then creating a "STRONG PASSWORD" for the awful app that refused every possible combination i tried even with symbols, trying to register is like a mission impossible episode ..also there's no description in the app's index nothing, even the screenshots were all about registration (yeah best of luck). this is 2021 for crying out loud sheesh!

P.s Sony got it right ^^
Dear E3 crappy devs, this is an app for a gaming event not the military

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back