Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the HENkaku Enso demonstration video, today Team Molecule (Davee, Proxima, Yifan Lu, xyz) have officially released the Enso VPK which is a PS Vita / PSTV Custom Firmware (CFW) with details below alongside a v1.1 BugFix update via yifanlu! :notworthy:

Download: enso.vpk (v1.0) (60.6 KB) / GIT / Spoof Retail PS Vita to TestKit / Spoof Retail PS Vita to DevKit by zecoxao / enso.vpk (v1.1) (Fixes installer bricking in rare occasions when trying to uninstall. No changes made to the payload. Visit enso.henkaku.xyz for more information.) / Enso PS Vita Bootloader Exploit Documentation

To quote from the official site Enso.HENkaku.xyz: HENkaku Ensō is the evolution of the HENkaku jailbreak that opened the PS Vita and PSTV to a new universe of customization and user created content.

Install it once and your Vita will be permanently hacked--no need to apply it after each reboot. Just enable HENkaku, install the following vpk, launch it, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Does this work with firmware 3.61/3.63/3.65?

No.

How do I use this "vpk"?

You need to install HENkaku first. Then open up molecularShell and press "Start" to enable the FTP server. Then connect using a FTP client and copy the vpk to "ux0:/data". On your Vita, browse to "ux0:/data" and select the vpk to install it. Then you should have a new bubble in LiveArea which you can launch to install ensō.

Will this harm my Vita?

The short answer is "not likely." The long answer is that it does make permanent modifications to your system so there's always the chance that something goes wrong. However, we had months of testing done by over a hundred testers without any major problem so we are fairly confident in the code.

Nevertheless, we will not provide any warranty if something wrong does happen so if you do not wish to take the risk, we recommend using the HENkaku offline installer as a risk-free alternative.

How do I uninstall ensō?

First, note that you can "deactivate" ensō without uninstalling it by deleting "ur0:tai/boot_config.txt". You can "reactivate" it again by opening the ensō installer and using the Square option to fix the boot config.

Otherwise, you can fully uninstall ensō with the Triangle option. Note that if you no longer wish to use HENkaku, you should clean up any installed homebrew before uninstalling ensō.

Help! I installed a bad taiHEN plugin and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!

You can disable taiHEN plugin loading by holding L during boot.

Help! I messed up something else and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!

You can reset all Vita settings (including non-hack related ones) from safe mode by selecting "Restore the PS Vita System". You can also enter safe mode by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery during a failed boot loop.

Note this does not uninstall ensō but keeps it inactive. To reactivate it, you must run the ensō installer and use the Square option to fix the boot config.

Can I see the source?

We are currently polishing up the source and it will be released soon. If you are a developer, you can contact us about early access. Here is more information on who we are.

PS Vita Dev Kit Downgrade
How to backup your PS Vita's act.dat file
MLTActivator 1.0 Download: MLTactivator.vpk (446 KB) / Mirror by MiraLaTijera and Dragen (English Translated Version by TechThomas) via DrNefarious

Molecule's boot logo manager v4 (3.60 & 3.65) is now public.

Changelog:
  • New gui
  • System software stability during use of this app has been improved (New flasher).
  • Added support for 3.65
Download: ECBLM.zip
Thanks to @aneesh, @DarkElementPL, @GritNGrind, @hyndrid and @X41 for the reminders and feedback on it in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
Enso VPK PS Vita PSTV Custom Firmware (CFW)  by Team Molecule!.jpg

Comments

Had issues on my slim, it would not show the vpk when using usb.. Used ftp, it said my system was modified :D and it would reinstall 3.60, installed, then no issues!

Just shows how far the vita hacking come on, now it should be like that with the PS4! ;)

Thanks @neoark, I added it to the OP now also! :tup:

Also here's a few HENkaku Enso updates for those who own a PS Vita between 3.61 and 3.65 firmware... these are still vulnerable, according to Yifan Lu to quote:

"As far as we know, 3.61-3.65 are still vulnerable. However, as I’ve said in the beginning, you need a kernel exploit to modify the MBR (needed to exploit) as well as to dump the non-secure bootloader (to find the offsets to patch). Nobody in molecule is interested in hacking anything beyond 3.60 because Sony isn’t shipping any new consoles globally with newer firmware versions–anyone who wishes to run homebrew can choose not to update.

However, if you’re already updated past 3.60 and you wish to run homebrew possibly in the future, my advice is to not update past 3.65 because someone else might find a new kernel exploit and allow you to install this hack on 3.65. Don’t hold your breath though. Anyone can dump and reverse the kernel code with HENkaku, so maybe there will be extra motivation for outsiders to find a new hack now.

Because 3.65 is still vulnerable, it is also possible for someone to build a custom updater for 3.60 that flashes 3.65 and HENkaku Ensō at the same time and use the same CFW (taiHEN) on 3.65. This would allow you to play new games blocked on 3.60. However, to do that, someone would have to dump the 3.65 non-secure bootloader in order to find the offsets and rebuild the exploit (which is open-source).

Again, this requires, at the very least, a 3.65 kernel exploit (and perhaps another exploit as well because WebKit actually thrashes the memory that NSBL resides in and if you exploit kernel after WebKit runs, it’s too late to dump NSBL but I digress). Another way, perhaps insane, is to try to guess the offsets.

The best case scenario is that none of the offsets changed (since 3.61-3.65 are all very minor updates). You can build custom hardware that tries different offsets and reset the device if it fails. Honestly though I think it would be easier to just find a new kernel exploit at that point."

Vita CFW installer: https://github.com/henkaku/enso

Resume discussion in the new thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back