Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter enso88       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

enso88

Contributor
I purchased a second PS4 from someone recently and when I turned it on, it told me to connect a controller via USB and press the PS button. I tried multiple controllers that I knew worked, but none of them worked with this PS4.

So then I tried to Initialize it from Safe Mode, but this didn't seem to do anything. I also tried to the Rebuild Database option and this also had no effect.

I then decide to download the 4.07 update/installation file from the PS website. I format a USB drive and copy the file onto the drive and boot the PS4 into safe mode to reinstall the whole OS.

After it finishes "installing," it restarts and gives error SU-41283-8 cannot update and says it will restart and start the installation again. It is never able to finish the installation, though.

I take that HDD out and put it in my other PS4, reinstall the OS, and it works fine.

I put it back in the second PS4 and it says I need to do an update/reinstall with 3.55 or higher.

So, is it pretty much just a paperweight now? Is there anything I can do to get it working again? Or should I just sell it for parts or part it out?

try this

If your console is no longer under warranty... AND I MEAN IT!

1) Take of the bottom cover of your console

2) Remove the disc drive ribbon cable. Push on the little metal tab (for older consoles only) and slide it out away from the port.

3) Update your console with the ribbon cable disconnected. (Dont worry about the disc drive making noises)

4) Update completes without error

5) Do the opposite to reinstall the ribbon cable (push metal tab)

Please be careful when removing the ribbon cable, there are little tabs that are quite easy to break off and it may give you issues when you go to plug in the disc drive again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I still get the same error message. First I just removed the wide ribbon cable. That didn't work, so I disconnected the two smaller ones as well and that still didn't do it.

ps4error.jpg

I tried that several times, but it didn't work either. It seems like I've tried everything I could find. The warranty is expired.

Someone on IFIXIT said it could be a bad RAM module: "it's a hadware problem on the motherboard. i am trying to figure it out for 2 months. i have replaced the processor and syscon/nor with a working one and it's still the same issue. i have moved the original chips to a good board and it works. so don't bother anymore unless you do smd rework

Update (08/30/2016)

I have cracked this issue. The problem is hardware related, more exactly ram related. When you want to update the software, first the console copies it into ram an then it writes it. If a ram module is fulty it will mess up the file at binary level, so in conclusion the md5 will be different so the ps4 reports the file as corrupted. The only way to fix this issue is to replace the faulty ddr5 module/s.

Unfortunately, unless you see any physical damage, there is no way to determine which of them is faulty so you have to replace them one by one. I suggest starting with the ones on the back. Warning: unless you have professional equipment and necessary skills, do not attempt this on your own, because you may cause irreversible damage"

I don't know if I'm up to it, though, or even where to get the parts

There has to be a trick as ppl reporting sending it to $ony paying 150$ to have same issue with next update , so there is some sort of bypass only $ony is closed platform and will not disclose "how to" as it could lead to something else in their eyes most likely ;)

I may have found a solution after doing some more searching on the net. Here is a post I found from elemental:

"I also had a PS4 which would not sync to the controller unless the system was in safe mode. I had previously tried to run an update to Version 4.00 in safe mode, but it would always fail with an error, which now I know is because the Wi-Fi chipset had failed (either due to a faulty firmware update or the chip actually died).

Thus I lifted the Wi-Fi chip from another PS4 which I couldn't revive and reballed this lifted this Wi-Fi chipset with leaded solder balls. I de-soldered the faulty Wi-Fi chipset from the PS4 that couldn't sync with controller, cleaned the motherboard contacts and attached the reballed Wi-Fi chipset.

After firing up the PS4, I am happy to report that controllers now sync with the console, with and without the controller being connected to the USB ports!"

I was having the exact same problems, so I guess I can try to replace the WiFi/Bluetooth module or have someone replace it for me.

Hello, I have already repaired the ps4 fault (SU-_41283-8) the problem is the Wifi and Bluetooth module, in my case I change it to one of the other console damaged by blue light, just change the module and Ps4 started to install the software and I worked 100% .. I'm a technician in consoles in Venezuela but I work in Panama greetings

i found this thread by mistake. i was the one that posted that repair solution on iFixIT but that was for error SU-30645-8. Error SU-41283-8 is bluetooth module related. you either have to replace the module or dump the nor and fix corrupted firmware for bluetooth IC. if you have a spare bluetooth IC i would start with that.

considering i replied more than 1 year later, i assume this will not help you anymore, but maybe it will help other people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back