Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Ginsor       5343       8

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
Hi,

when i extract a PKG with ps4tools or something, i always get some very basic files, but no sign of the textures, 3d models or text files or something like that (even in an encrypted way).

Is that normal? I mean, from a 4gb PKG file I only extract like 13mb of data from it

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
oh, got it! thanks that was helpful.

so basically there is no way i can extract more than these files from the destiny 2 beta, right?

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Assuming you don't have a 1.01 - 1.76 PS4 console... not yet. Hopefully all the goodies will eventually make their way to newer models once they are jailbroken though. ;)

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
Assuming you don't have a 1.01 - 1.76 PS4 console... not yet. Hopefully all the goodies will eventually make their way to newer models once they are jailbroken though. ;)
Or someone here with a <1.76 console would be willing to give me a helping hand and get me the extracted content for the destiny 2 beta? id highly appreciate that :)

oneman123

Developer
Contributor
Or someone here with a <1.76 console would be willing to give me a helping hand and get me the extracted content for the destiny 2 beta? id highly appreciate that :)
lol how you can extract destiny 2 beta on <1.76 if you dont own it and cant access PSN ? :D

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
lol how you can extract destiny 2 beta on <1.76 if you dont own it and cant access PSN ? :D
hm well, i was just reffering to what psxhax said about <1.76 ps4 before. i was assuming that you could download the PKG files to you laptop, put on an external hard drive, extract it on your 1.76 console, and then get the files directly from the console (as its a hacked one).

but i am not too deep and this topic and just thought this is how it could work..

sealab

Developer
Contributor
Newer content cannot be decrypted on an earlier version of the system.

That's simplifying it of course, but that's essentially what it is.

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
Newer content cannot be decrypted on an earlier version of the system.

That's simplifying it of course, but that's essentially what it is.
Okay, thanks for that info! Glad you guys help me with getting that thing straight... however, how did some of these newer games got decrypted by redeye for example? and isnt there something like this PSproxy, which lets you use newer content on earlier system versions?

Its not that i dont believe you guys.. just wondering :)

Recent Articles
MiraTempReport: Mira Temperature Reports PS4 Payload via Notifications
We've covered PS4 Pro Fan Noise Testing, a PS4 Fan Booster Payload and some PS4 Fan Control Payloads to adjust the PlayStation 4 fan speed and temperature... with the latest MiraTempReport PS4...
CGFw: Check Game Firmware App for Required PS4 Version by OfficialAhmed
Following the FRMCHK Web Database to identify PS4 games in Firmware groups and his previous ThemeDumperFTP release, today PlayStation 4 developer OfficialAhmed made available on Twitter an...
PS4 Remote Play on 6.72 Without PS4REN Dump by Sinofevil1997 via Zecoxao
Proceeding the PS4 Remote Play Enabler PS4REN v2.0 update and the PS4 Remote Play Without PSN Access PS4REN Guide, this weekend Sinofevil1997 shared a backup archive.dat dump via @zecoxao on...
Override 2: Ultraman Deluxe Edition PS5 Game Trailer and More Videos!
Since the last batch of PS5 gameplay trailers, in PlayStation 5 News today the latest include an Override 2: Ultraman Deluxe Edition Announce PS5 Trailer, Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood -...