Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Ginsor       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginsor

Developer
Contributor
Hi,

when i extract a PKG with ps4tools or something, i always get some very basic files, but no sign of the textures, 3d models or text files or something like that (even in an encrypted way).

Is that normal? I mean, from a 4gb PKG file I only extract like 13mb of data from it

oh, got it! thanks that was helpful.

so basically there is no way i can extract more than these files from the destiny 2 beta, right?

Assuming you don't have a 1.01 - 1.76 PS4 console... not yet. Hopefully all the goodies will eventually make their way to newer models once they are jailbroken though. ;)

Assuming you don't have a 1.01 - 1.76 PS4 console... not yet. Hopefully all the goodies will eventually make their way to newer models once they are jailbroken though. ;)
Or someone here with a <1.76 console would be willing to give me a helping hand and get me the extracted content for the destiny 2 beta? id highly appreciate that :)

Or someone here with a <1.76 console would be willing to give me a helping hand and get me the extracted content for the destiny 2 beta? id highly appreciate that :)
lol how you can extract destiny 2 beta on <1.76 if you dont own it and cant access PSN ? :D

lol how you can extract destiny 2 beta on <1.76 if you dont own it and cant access PSN ? :D
hm well, i was just reffering to what psxhax said about <1.76 ps4 before. i was assuming that you could download the PKG files to you laptop, put on an external hard drive, extract it on your 1.76 console, and then get the files directly from the console (as its a hacked one).

but i am not too deep and this topic and just thought this is how it could work..

Newer content cannot be decrypted on an earlier version of the system.

That's simplifying it of course, but that's essentially what it is.

Newer content cannot be decrypted on an earlier version of the system.

That's simplifying it of course, but that's essentially what it is.
Okay, thanks for that info! Glad you guys help me with getting that thing straight... however, how did some of these newer games got decrypted by redeye for example? and isnt there something like this PSproxy, which lets you use newer content on earlier system versions?

Its not that i dont believe you guys.. just wondering :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back