Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM       56      
Status
Not open for further replies.
As planned, today PlayStation 4 hacker Marcan of Fail0verflow covered how they reverse-engineered Sony's PS4 console via FreeBSD / Sandbox to install PS4 Linux on it at Chaos Computer Club (CCC) 2016 alongside a Portal 2 Steam (older Demo / Guide) PS4 demonstration video below on Firmware 4.05! :love:

According to @Joonie of Team Rebug, PlayStation 4 developer @flatz got PS4 Linux running on Firmware 4.05 day 1 too! (y)

Here are some of the related Tweets and files / links / videos:

Download: bonaire.rai.txt
Fail0verflow Links:
Fail0verflow CCC 2016 Slide Links:
https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec
  • kexec and hardware reconfiguration / "bootloader" code
https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-linux
  • Kernel tree
https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-radeon-patches
  • Userspace library patches
https://github.com/fail0verflow/radeon-tools
  • f32dis and RAI tools
Livestream vom 33c3 (Saal 1)
While fail0verflow stated that due to the 'drama' that comes along with it they aren't going to be the ones to provide PS4 exploits that may lead to backups on the PlayStation 4 (especially after what Sony did to GeoHot), scene release group TRSi is still active and there are some very interesting things happening HERE so it's best to stay at 4.05 or below although not all developers agree.

PCI Express DIY Hacking Toolkit for Xilinx SP605 via Dmytro Oleksiuk‏
Thanks to @DoxyMarket, @kazookid0, @MrBone, @MrNiato and @VultraAID in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for help with this article! :)
Fail0verflow Chaos Computer Club (CCC) 2016 4.05 PS4 Linux, Steam.png

Comments

It depends... Whether someone is brave enough to face sony's wrath and make another drama like geohotz
Most Devs dont crave attention like *cough Geohot cough*

It would be quite easy to anonymously release a part/full exploit then slip back into the darkness avoiding any repercussions from Big Brother!

Once an exploit has been found, the rest will come. It can be easily and anonymously released on p2p platforms. It's best that the developers share their tools through TOR Network :D I'm serious, sony and the prosecutors will never be able to claim anything unless they can find a sign of the developers.

I'm on 4.01 and waiting for the exploit. by the way The Last Guardian requires the firmware 4.01 so It's safe to play it for those who wait for an exploit :)

Chaintech released 4.01 exploit I think they will be released soon for full jailbreak..We wait for few months...Atleast Cobra team or any other team release DRM dongle better for backups each game cost in my country 80$...Too much cost A greatness Waiting for backups...

We can wait 2 years for backups on PS4... About next year porting linux on PS4 PRO and in 2018 the first game running on PS4 backup....

It can be done simple: a donation website from trusted website who will collect donation of 30 USD from all people who want CFW. Those who donate will recieve CFW two months earlier. I thinks few thousands people will donate in first month, and 30-60k USD prize for CFW creation will speedup things a lot. WIN WIN

Does anyone else get the feeling towards Marcan that he is an arrogant prick and is doing the "look what I can do I'm better than you" in front of everyone?

If you're so proud of what you've done, then build the exploit into your linux and release it? Keep how you did it and oops it into the linux package and be done with it.

Most Devs dont crave attention like *cough Geohot cough*

It would be quite easy to anonymously release a part/full exploit then slip back into the darkness avoiding any repercussions from Big Brother!
Does it wrong for me to think that we need attention seeker like geohotz? because right now all we needed is a trigger, just one people or a team to publish an exploit or cfw or wathever, and the rest will follow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back