Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 29, 2016 at 1:27 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we saw Linux Running on PS4 from fail0verflow, and this coming December Hector Martin will follow-up with a talk on PlayStation 4 hardware and reverse-engineering at this year's Chaos Communication Congress (CCC) hacking conference which runs from December 27-30th in Hamburg, Germany. :geek:

To quote via the 33C3 Scheduling Page (Chaos Communication Congress Schedule 33) from their Events blog:

Last year, we demonstrated Linux running on the PS4 in a lightning talk - presented on the PS4 itself. But how did we do it?

In a departure from previous Console Hacking talks focusing on security, this year we're going to focus on the PS4 hardware, what makes it different from a PC, and how we reverse engineered it enough to get a full-blown Linux distro running on it, complete with 3D acceleration.

Marcan's talk will be held on Day 1 (2016-12-27) at 23:00 so around 5:00 PM (17:00) EST and live streaming will be available at https://streaming.media.ccc.de/ (CCC Events Twitter) and thanks to @raedoob for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier today! :)
Fail0verflow to Discuss PS4 Hardware & Reverse-Engineering at CCC.png

Comments

I dont think they will release something but if they talk about how thinks are working other devs could give us a christmas present :)

All I wanted to see is any firmware can be installed linux! They were many limited to 1.76!

And they helped in nothing because they did not show the way of stones, I think that who wants to help opens the book and tells the story from the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back