Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter mcmrc1       Start date Jan 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM       5,290       7            
Following their Linux on PS4 Kernel release, fail0verflow have announced news of PS4 3D drivers working alongside some Radeon patches with details below.

Download: ps4-radeon-patches-master.zip / GIT

Some new information about Linux on PS4: Fail0verflow get the 3D drivers to work :)

Finally, from Wololo to quote: 3D drivers open the path not only to good homebrew development, but also to potential AAA titles. There are several AAA titles running on Linux, and getting hardware GPU acceleration is a prerequisite to run those.

Additionally, 3D acceleration could ultimately bring SteamOS to the PS4. I have argued that having Steam on the PS4 could bring some healthy price competition on the device. Despite what the naysayers complained about in my SteamOS article, several Steam games are optimized for gamepads and would run great on the PS4.

Yes, you can probably forget about DotA with your Dualshock 4, but it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine Linux on the PS4 will support a mouse and a keyboard ultimately. And if you can’t see the point of having a nice centralized box for all your gaming and entertaining needs in the living room, then I can’t do much for you ;)

Steam_PS4.jpg

Nice to see some fast progress being made here.

Attachments

Comments

Supersaiyan

Contributor
Super Awesome indeed!! This is moving at light speed it seems and still way too slow for me! Lol. Can't wait until someone releases an exploit and so we can install a better running Linux than on PS3!

Recent Articles
PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals Revealed!
We've seen the 2019 Black Friday Ad Scans featuring a $199 PS4 Bundle with 3 Games or PSVR Bundle with 5 Games and today Sony revealed their official PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019...
PSPlay: PS4 Remote Play App for Android Devices by Grill2010
Hi, In case someone is interested, after PSJoy which I've released one year ago and following my RemotePlayPrototype open source research project I have developed a new Android app called PSPlay...
PS4 Open-world RPG Shenmue III Joins New Games Next Week
Next week Yu Suzuki's open-world RPG series returns in the legendary Shenmue III on PS4 among the new video game releases! 🕹 PlayStation 4 fans can catch up with Ryo Hazuki in his ongoing quest...
Sony Asks PS4 Players for Feedback Ahead of PS5 Launch Next Year
According to kasual7, Sony recently sent out a survey asking for feedback from PS4 players ahead of the PS5 Launch late next year. 🤔 The questionnaire states: Tell us about your time with PS4 -...