Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter misiozol       0      
Status
Not open for further replies.

misiozol

Contributor
Verified
FAQ: How to Install CFW on PS3 with OFW

Q. Can I install on any PS3 ?
A.
No only on models that can be downgraded to 3.55 or are below OFW >3.55 like 3.40, 2.40 etc.

Q. Does slim 3xxx and super slim 4xxx can be downgraded ?
A.
NO

Q. Is there a way to do it with out flasher by some magical usb trick ?
A.
NO

Q. How will I know if my model can be downgraded ?
A.
All phat models and slim 20xx-21xx series can be downgraded below 3.55 and some 25xx

Q. I have model CECH-25xx can it be downgraded ?
A.
Depending there are 2 was to check one is to look on data code in bottom sticker need to show 0D where that is production date witch indicate production date forth quarter of 2000 you can be sure it can be downgraded below 3.55 if it's either 0A, 0B, 0C or 0D.

Q. I have model CECH-25xx with data code 1A what should i do ?
A.
Use minverchk put in folder like for console update usb/PS3/UPDATE/UPDAT.PUP and use it.

Q. Where I can get minverchk ?
A.
Here: Downgradable PS3 Models & Base Firmware with MinVerChk

Q. Minverchk is showing minimum version of 3.60 what then?
A.
Sell you console and buy one that can be downgraded, or try these newer methods!
Q. Minverchk saying I can install firmware eg. 3.55 or below what next ?
A.
Either you need to buy HARDWARE FLASHER and DIY it, or pay some one to do it for you as risk is quite high if you mess up console end up as brick.

Q. What flasher should I buy if decide DIY it ?
A.
There are few on the market but we limit to best choice and most popular one and best is Teensy2.0++ but it needs soldering ~50 cables and cost ~20$ you can buy clip for it but it will cost you another 40$ and still clip needs to be soldered to flasher but only once and can do it solderless advantage is it can do consoles with NAND/NOR (phat and slim).

Another option is E3 it seems it's quite popular with clip will cost you ~40-50$ and comes with clip no soldering needed BUT it has one huge disadvantage it's quality and there are lots of reports with bad dumps because clip did not make proper contact with flash chip, another disadvantage is it can only do consoles with NOR flash (mostly only SLIM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back