Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Spider-Man PS4 Skeletal Models & Textures Tool comes a LittleBigPlanet File Editor / Texture Viewer with source code for LBP 1, 2 and 3 called Farctool2 by philosophofee on Github spanning PS3, PS Vita and PS4 consoles. 🤓

Download: farctool2.jar / GIT

According to the author's documentation, there is also an active Farctool2 fork from ennuo available HERE (farctool2mod.zip) for the FARC, FAR4 and MAP file manipulation tool written in Java that includes mod support. (y)

From the forked README.md, to quote: About

What is farctool2?

Farctool2 is a program I wrote for two reasons:
  1. To learn how Java can read and manipulate data streams, and
  2. Because I already knew the structures of the file formats this game used.
Why farctool "2"?

Farctool2 is the sequel to the original farctool, which was written in Game Maker 8.0.

Features
  • Supports the loading of the FAR4, FARC, and MAP formats from the LittleBigPlanet games.
  • Supports texture viewing from every LBP game (excluding certain SDF types) except LBP Vita.
  • Supports extracting textures in 3 different formats: PNG, JPG, and DDS.
  • Supports extraction of any file as-is or decompressed.
  • Features adding files to the FARC.
  • Features adding, replacing, deleting, and zeroing entries from the MAP.
  • Features the ability to build packages from PLANs for ease of modding.
  • Features the ability to install said packages to any FARC and MAP.
  • Hex viewer (ft. Sporst)
  • Plaintext viewer for text-based files.
  • Supports dumping dependency list of LBP assets with reverse-lookup on GUIDs to filenames.
Disclaimer

I did not create any of the games in question nor am I affiliated with any of the developers of these video games. All researched data was acquired via means of downloading game package files through a public database of direct-to-PSN URLs with no protection. Nothing malicious is intended. This program was written as a labor of love for the franchise and as a budding programmer's first major project.

Credits

The program was written by myself, with help from the following:
Spoiler: Original README.md
Farctool2 LittleBigPlanet File Editor  Texture Viewer by Philosophofee.png

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back