Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Jack987       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have been busy with things around here but...

But with these systems there are a couple of things that can go wrong, one is that it was a failed downgrade that made the system brick. If that is the case then it can be fixed but it takes time. You will have to resolder the teensy on the ps3 and get a dump from it and then maybe post it somewhere and I will take look at it and see if it can be saved.

Now if your having problems with getting getting a good dump or making the teensy work with this model. I will say that this model is a pain in the butt when it comes to getting reads and writing to it. This model has always been a pain. The way that I have found to fix this is by one of two ways. The first is use thickers wire. And the last way is to use more grounds. The teensy only shows one ground wire but there is a way to hook up 2 off the board. The extra ground is 3 holes across from the USB port. The hole in the middle is a ground and can be used as such. Once you get it to see the dump it and post up the file to a site and send me the link and I'll take a look at it. Now if you can't get it working I can take a look at it.

The last thing that can go wrong with these is the solder balls under the GPU and or the CPU can go bad and need a reflow or a recall. I can do both. Also solder the teensy up and take a picture of your setup so I can see it. Thanks.

But with these systems there are a couple of things that can go wrong, one is that it was a failed downgrade that made the system brick. If that is the case then it can be fixed but it takes time. You will have to resolder the teensy on the ps3 and get a dump from it and then maybe post it somewhere and I will take look at it and see if it can be saved.

Now if your having problems with getting getting a good dump or making the teensy work with this model. I will say that this model is a pain in the butt when it comes to getting reads and writing to it. This model has always been a pain. The way that I have found to fix this is by one of two ways. The first is use thickers wire. And the last way is to use more grounds. The teensy only shows one ground wire but there is a way to hook up 2 off the board. The extra ground is 3 holes across from the USB port. The hole in the middle is a ground and can be used as such. Once you get it to see the dump it and post up the file to a site and send me the link and I'll take a look at it. Now if you can't get it working I can take a look at it.

The last thing that can go wrong with these is the solder balls under the GPU and or the CPU can go bad and need a reflow or a recall. I can do both. Also solder the teensy up and take a picture of your setup so I can see it. Thanks.

Pictures always helps, I need to see the soldering job, types of wire you are using and the layout of the wires because it does effect the teensy. Also I will stress this and this goes for all testers. Don't ever use the clips, they are junk and are a pain in the ass. Stay away from the clips. Pay someone to do it or solder with wires onto the board. I put red on where the other ground is. It's the middle hole of the 3. Thanks and I'll wait for you reply.

Attachments

• _20160627_140853.JPG
    _20160627_140853.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 259
I appreciate the reply racer0018. Thanks much. It is Monday and back to work time. I might not have time to do anything tonight but will let you know as soon as i have something for you.

Pictures always helps, I need to see the soldering job, types of wire you are using and the layout of the wires because it does effect the teensy. Also I will stress this and this goes for all testers. Don't ever use the clips, they are junk and are a pain in the ass. Stay away from the clips. Pay someone to do it or solder with wires onto the board. I put red on where the other ground is. It's the middle hole of the 3. Thanks and I'll wait for you reply.

Ok, here are some pics of the soldering. I checked the teensy on 2 computers and it showed up fine on both. The ps3 does the same thing though even with the teensy connected now. I'm going to spend more time on this tomorrow.

Attachments

• Resized_20160628_220131.jpg
    Resized_20160628_220131.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Resized_20160628_220323.jpg
    Resized_20160628_220323.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 246
And now all making sense now , use short cable from IDE ~20-30cm, and there is no need for voltage regulator power comes from usb, only GND is connected from ps3 , and for crying out LOUD WHERE IS FLUX u can see some soldering is nasty :p

I have had a couple systems to where I had to redo the soldering a couple of times on a system. I would say make the wires shorter, use flux, hook up another ground and maybe use thicker wire on it. Then see what happens after that. Thanks and let me know.

I have had a couple systems to where I had to redo the soldering a couple of times on a system. I would say make the wires shorter, use flux, hook up another ground and maybe use thicker wire on it. Then see what happens after that. Thanks and let me know.
Hello all,

Well, I haven't given up. The wire gauge I'm using is thicker then that of an IDE cable. I'm sure of my soldering connections as well. Something I'm going to do is get another Teensy because a solder point (hole) had broken loose last resolder job and I repaired it as best I could but don't like it. I took an ohm meter to the solder point of the PS3 and to the atmel on the Teensy and it shows no resistance. It's connection C7 on the Teensy thats broken.

After doing all of this, I still get a flashing red light scenario and of course nothing being found by the Teensy when connected to PC and powered on.

As for the suggestion of software to use, i downloaded the software pkg suggested as well. I've looked at and have taken ALL suggestions given and I'm still not any closer to resolution. I'm wondering if the flash chip, for lack of the more technical term right now, is fried for some reason as racer00018 mentioned. I have the tools to do remove and replace it but, not the hands or eyes to be able to deal with it i don't think.

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. If there's anyone out this way that may want to meet up and help with this, I'd be very grateful for the assistance.

Thanks again and I'm NOT giving up just yet.

Question: I've been Googling some and I'm wondering if a Progskeet might help me instead of Teensy? But which Progskeet is better? 1.21 or 1.0?

Question: I've been Googling some and I'm wondering if a Progskeet might help me instead of Teensy? But which Progskeet is better? 1.21 or 1.0?
There have been reports in the past of Progskeet v1.0 / v1.1 bugs... according to their official forum there is no feature differences between v1.2 and v1.21 (latest) just the PCB layout, but their more recent bitstreams are for v1.2 / v1.21.

If you are considering a Progskeet it can't hurt to try their Live support page before ordering anything... I took a quick peek and a lot of sites are either out of stock, low on stock, or no longer carry them so it may be easier to source a Teensy these days.

If anyone has experience using a Progskeet first-hand, feel free to reply here with some feedback thanks! :)

There have been reports in the past of Progskeet v1.0 / v1.1 bugs... according to their official forum there is no feature differences between v1.2 and v1.21 (latest) just the PCB layout, but their more recent bitstreams are for v1.2 / v1.21.

If you are considering a Progskeet it can't hurt to try their Live support page before ordering anything... I took a quick peek and a lot of sites are either out of stock, low on stock, or no longer carry them so it may be easier to source a Teensy these days.

If anyone has experience using a Progskeet first-hand, feel free to reply here with some feedback thanks! :)
Thank you!

Just curious , have u programmed teensy ? each flasher is basically same thing only difference is in person that using it ;) , perhaps u making some silly mistake.

Just curious , have u programmed teensy ? each flasher is basically same thing only difference is in person that using it ;) , perhaps u making some silly mistake.
Programmed using the program provided in the package you pointed me to when i first started this project before i even posted here. Why would this cause the ps3 to go to flashing red though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back