Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter Sostanco       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sostanco

Contributor
Recently i got a ps4 with broken hard drive and broken PSU, so i buy a new PSU change and ps4 power on. I notice that hard drive was faulty, it's start clicking noise. Take a new one start to install full FW and error CE-35888-2 appear.

This mean that owner change the bluray drive without switching the pcb. I was able to solve this problem with a simple thing: open your ps4 and disconnect the cable of bluray drive, leave just the power one! this time when you install full FW that error does not appear again and ps4 boot fine.

After reboot turn off ps4, reconnect all the cable and start ps4. Now the main problem stiil there: you can install game from ps4 disc but can't start them. You can still use downloaded game from psn store and play bluray film. hope this can help someone here.

It sounds like you already know most of what I could find... according to the wiki error code CE-35888-2 means the following:

Cannot start the application. // Wrong daughterboard in drive, see also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pPRvG6oRV1E#t=349

So it looks like this occurs if the PS4 daughterboard does not match with the motherboard. Also from the video's caption:

In this video I show you 2 different Blu-ray controller cards and what happens when you put one on a motherboard that is not married to the card.

You need to watch this before you go on eBay and start buying replacement parts for a CUH-1001A PS4. BDP-010 & BDP-020.

@Sostanco, could you explain me better how you solved the problem?

do not understand right you disconnected all the cable from the blu-ray drive just left the source of it? Sorry, my translation is from Brazil.

I just got a ps4 that had a smashed hdmi port, i resoldered a new hdmi port on and it was on 3.11 fw. Seems like the previous owner tampered with the blu ray board. Wouldn't update at all.

But doing what Sostanco did in the first post it actually did work. I just installed 4.05. Anywhere on the internet tells u its impossible to install and update with CE-35888-2 error. Thank you sir. -mr.peanut

I'm new here but I have the same problem and luckily an idea on how to make it less bothering. The laser probably got dirty so the bluray wouldn't work anymore and as a consequence I got it "fixed" by a few guys at a repair shop but they shipped back my ps4 with another motherboard, a broken one. They also demanded $10 labor costs and another $30 to "fix" the mobo.

So what do ? Clever me, takes pictures of mobo and daughterboard before taking it to the repair shop and let the guys work their magic. Probably after a month, after having received a faulty ps4, I took it home feeling sad that it happened to me but to my surprise the mobos and the daughterboards were not the same as in the pictures. Not fair-play !

Le clever me, takes a camera snapshot with the non-working mobo and daughterboard and goes straight back to them, ready 2 rumble. THEY WERE SPEECHLESS. Well, I guess they didn't seen this one coming... I got my working mobo back but they forgot about the daughterboard. No problem, I simply need a website like Al Azif's for 7.55 and I'll be ready to share a method to "play" disc games with you guys, in a follow-up post !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back