Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 10, 2016 at 2:18 AM       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his recent Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.80 COBRA 7.3 release, today PlayStation 3 developer Alexander made available Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.80 COBRA 7.3 NoBD Edition for those who own consoles with damaged or missing Blu-ray drives.

Download: FERROX 4.80 COBRA 7.3 NOBD.rar (195.1 MB) / FERROX 4.80 COBRA 7.3 NOBD.rar (Mirror) / CFW FERROX 4.80.1 NoBT NoBD.rar (195.06 MB)

4.80 MD5 Hash: 3a678b4ae3021c6de03cf091cc0c3a4d
4.80.1 MD5 Hash: ba84641461869829226e7665ee584a92

To quote, roughly translated: Custom Firmware 4.80 FERROX COBRA 7.3 NoBD Edition

Still good news !! Here on Cybermodding mica you sleep! In fact, we give you a new gem, all for you!

Our dear friend and developer Alexander knows no respite, and there he is to release a new version of its CFW FERROX.

After the recent release of Standard Versions CEX, and after the new COBRA, here comes one of the traditional versions of FERROX, that Alexander has pursued for a long time. We speak of the Custom Firmware FERROX in NoBD version!

BUT...!!!! More news! In NoBD version of CFW FERROX, even the Patch COBRA were integrated. The first version of COBRA - NoBD together for FERROX!

Thanks to this special version of the CFW, users who own a PS3 with Logica route, will return to start games and Homebrew !! Logic route is in fact a beautiful pain in the butt.. For this CFW NoBD exists, that goes to completely disable your Player. Therefore a very important version, and vital for many users. Let's meet the specifications:

FEATURES:
  • Built on the basis of OFW 4.80 SONY.
  • PSN / SEN Enabled.
  • Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
  • Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
  • Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
  • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
  • NEW FEATURE - Added COBRA PATCH 7.30!
  • NEW FEATURE - New look of the XMB (See below).
  • NEW FEATURE - Introduced CyberModding HomebrewStore the web column.
  • NEW FEATURE - Brand new Coldboot FERROX COBRA designated by MiZiO90!
  • FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
  • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
  • FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
  • FEATURE - 4.80 Key to start games signed with 4.80 keys.
  • FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
  • FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
  • FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
  • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgraded non-Dehashed.
  • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
  • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
  • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
  • PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
  • PATCH - NOBD: Enables Console with Logica route, not to restart Homebrew and games !!
NEW LOOK OF XMB:

From this version, the FERROX takes a new look. Ideas realized by dear MiZiO90 , who worked to make the coolest FERROX CFW around! It is not a theme.

It is some internal changes. Changes were introduced to 'clock, the horizontal lines in the screens, in colored lettering, to' Full Banner at the top right, in the section 'System Upgrade', to the menu screen that appears when holding down the PS button, and a new logo FERROX pulsing during uploads.

A large lavorone! Combined with the new Look with your theme you prefer. Or maybe combined with a Wave! It comes out a XMB fear :cool:

PS. The Logo FERROX bottom right, is only visible to 1080p resolution. I think we all still play with the 'HDMI. Then no problem!

TESTS CARRIED OUT:

These are the tests carried out by us on the console in our possession.
  • CECH2004A - Tested and Working - (Thanks MiZiO90)
  • CECH2104A - Tested and Working - (Thanks LIZZO)
  • CECH2504A DataCode OC - Tested and Working - (Thanks TSUTEJ1)
  • CECH2504B - Tested and Working (Thanks modderfantasy)
  • 2 CECHG - Tested and Working - (Thanks LIZZO)
  • CECHK - Tested and Working - (Thanks TSUTEJ1)
FEATURES COBRA:

As you know, the CFW COBRA are the most desired by all. This is because many have additional functions compared to a standard CFW. Let's see:
  • Great ease of use, related to many factors, also to the fact that it does not need the MAMBA, Application creates inconvenience for the connection to the PSN.
  • Loading Plugin to Boot automatically, through boot_plugins.txt File to 'internal dev_hdd0.
  • Support for ISO PS3
  • Support for ISO PS2
  • Support for ISO PSX
  • Support for ISO PSP
  • Support for ISO DVD
  • Support for ISO BluRay
  • Support for ISO Splittate on Fat32 Devices
  • Support for NTFS formatted devices (dear External Hard Disk)
  • NetISO support (Ps3netsrv) PS3-BD-DVD-PSX ISO / CUE / BIN
INSTALLING THE CFW:
  • Download the CFW at the top. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and check the MD5 with what you find at the top! You can use the Tool md5sums.
  • Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another 'other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
  • Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
  • Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
  • Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
  • From XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
  • To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
  • For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.
I would like to again take this opportunity to Thank our Dev Alexander for all their hard work. Remember to install this CFW NoBD ONLY if you have the logic route. So if your player will do tricks! Otherwise it is useless, even counterproductive it !!

Ferrox Cobra No BD.png

Comments

Gotcha... so without an ODE or hardware flasher to downgrade and install CFW (which you said you can't afford at the moment) one other option would be to try the PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods but the downside of them on OFW above 4.70 is they require a second PS3 console on CFW.
ah, i see. ill probably just shell out the money for a new system so i can finally play the game i spent 60 bucks on and have been waiting for a couple years to play (release of the game was constantly delayed)

There are rumors of another 'private' method for 4.81 and below I saw today posted HERE but it sounds like anyone's guess if or when they may become public assuming they actually exist. :confused:

Hi hax! i have cfw 4.80 cobra 7.30 and i am having some annoying issues launching ps2 isos, but most weird is that i installed the ps2 iso launcher and the reactpsn just like when i was on my previous cfw (i created a new user that changed it's name to "reactpsn.." after i installed the ps2 iso launcher and the reactpsn).

So, when i run one iso with the ps2 classic placeholder it shows the ps2 logo but then the monitor goes black, with every ps2 iso. Any ideas how to fix this? Please help

Thank you in advance

It sounds like you have an issue similar to Frytkownica who is also on Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.80 COBRA 7.3.

You can read some of the replies there and some on PS2 Classics, or if no luck with Ferrox maybe look into Rebug's PS2 Options, with a few guides on ReActPSN HERE and HERE.

Unfortunately I haven't had a PS3 in years, and when I did I never played PS2 games on it so hopefully if none of the above lend any clues someone else will chime in with other ideas.

My ps3 has being formerly hack I updated to use internet and got 4.88 original software and now I need the hack version. my former software is cobra ferrox I tried upgrading back to it but it telling corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back