Ferrox 4.80 v1.0 Standard CEX CFW, and today PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss has kicked it up a notch again to Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.80 COBRA 7.3 with the changes detailed below.
Download: CEXFERROX480COBRA730_FINAL.PUP (195.1 MB)
MD5 Hash: 37238780c8a8f26b49f609aa0d813acd
To quote, roughly translated: Custom Firmware FERROX 4.80 COBRA 7.3 !!
Here we are !!!! We promised a nice surprise not ??! Well, more surprise than this one can not directly from CyberModding, our friend and Developer Alexander delights us with this new version of its FERROX!
Yes, we speak exactly the new Custom Firmware 4.80 FERROX COBRA 7.3 !! The Perfect Custom Firmware is now also COBRA version.
It is no COBRA Lite, like some old FERROX. This new version implements the new Patch COBRA 7.3 updated Developer from Habib. Let's go see the features of this brand new CFW:
NEW LOOK OF XMB
- Built on the basis of OFW 4.80 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
- Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
- Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- NEW FEATURE - Added COBRA PATCH 7.30!
- NEW FEATURE - New look of the XMB (See below).
- NEW FEATURE - Introduced 'CyberModding HomebrewStore' the web column.
- NEW FEATURE - Brand new Coldboot FERROX COBRA.
- FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
- FEATURE - 4.80 Key to start games signed with 4.80 keys.
- FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
- FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgraded non-Dehashed.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
- PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
From this version, the FERROX takes a new look. Ideas realized by dear MiZiO90, who worked to make the coolest FERROX CFW around! It is not a theme.
It is some internal changes. Changes were introduced to 'clock, the horizontal lines in the screens, in colored lettering, to' Full Banner at the top right, in the section 'System Upgrade', to the menu screen that appears when holding down the PS button, and a new logo FERROX pulsing during uploads. A large lavorone!
Combined with the new Look with your theme you prefer. Or maybe combined with a Wave! It comes out a XMB fear.
PS. The Logo FERROX bottom right, is only visible to 1080p resolution. I think we all still play with the HDMI. Then no problem!
TESTS CARRIED OUT
These are the tests carried out by us on the console in our possession.
Also thanks to Orion90 for Test on some Build.
- CECH2004A - Tested and Working - (Thanks MiZiO90)
- CECH2004B - Tested and Working - (Thanks Red Dead)
- CECH2104A - Tested and Working - (Thanks LizZo)
- CECH2504 DataCode OC - Tested and Working - (Thanks TSUTEJ1)
- 2 CECHG - Tested and Working - (Thanks Red Dead and LizZo)
- CECHK - Tested and Working - (Thanks TSUTEJ1)
INSTALLING THE CFW
The Developer Alexander is keen to thank the dear Joonie86 for some very valuable advice on some Patch !! Thanks also to all of us.
- Download the CFW at the top. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and check the MD5 with what you find there! You can use the Tool md5sums.
- Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another other still called UPDATE, and inside latter inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
- Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
- Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- On the XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
- To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.
In the Dev Github Alexander, it is the Source Code of the whole Porting of COBRA 7.3.
I want to thank the developer Alexander, putting us all of himself to always bring the best !! A heartfelt thanks from all CyberModding and the whole scene PS3 !!