PS3 CFW FERROX 4.81 v1.0 Standard CEX, and today following his previous revision PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss returns with Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.81 COBRA 7.3 followed by version 1.01 with some bug fixes!
Download: CEXFERROX480COBRA730_FINAL.PUP (195.1 MB)
Mega Mirror: MEGA - Custom Firmware FERROX 4.81 COBRA 7.3 (195.1 MB) / CEXFERROXCOBRA_481_101.PUP (197.8 MB) / CEXFERROX481COBRA_noBD.PUP (197.8 MB)
v1.00 PUP MD5: cfa9e3e52c164251c3d96dc1cc6e8d17
v1.01 PUP MD5: fefd7c0882ccdcbfb6ba39301bef0b80
v1.01 PUP MD5 (NoBD): e0398e15288b520e45d954276d2749b4
To quote from LizZo, roughly translated on the changes: Release - Custom Firmware FERROX 4.81 COBRA 7.3
We told you a short, and so it was! Here we present the new version of Custom Firmware 4.81 FERROX COBRA 7.3
The full version of COBRA FERROX made his debut from Firmware 4.80. It must be said that has been very well accepted in the community, and this gives us a great pleasure to all of us of Cybermodding, but above all to its Developer Alexander. So here we are, punctual as always, a few hours after the release of OFW 4.81.
CFW COBRA implements functions Extras, as you already know. If you do not know the functions of COBRA, just below we will list! Meanwhile, let's see the characteristics of this FERROX COBRA.
- Built on the basis of OFW 4.81 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
- Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
- Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - Added COBRA PATCH 7.30!
- FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
- FEATURE - 4.81 Key to start games signed with 4.81 keys.
- FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
- FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgradate non-Dehashed.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
- PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
These are the tests carried out by us on the console in our possession.
- 2 CECH2004B - Tested and Working - Red Dead and modderfantasy
- CECH2104A - Tested and Working - LizZo
- CECH2504A - Tested and Working - dodero4
- CECHG - Tested and Working - LizZo
- CECHK - Tested and Working - modderfantasy
As you know, the CFW COBRA are the most desired by all. This is because many have additional functions compared to a standard CFW. Let's see;
INSTALLING THE CFW:
- Loading Plugin to Boot automatically, through boot_plugins.txt File to 'internal dev_hdd0
- Support for ISO PS3
- Support for ISO PS2
- Support for ISO PSX
- Support for ISO PSP
- Support for ISO DVD
- Support for ISO BluRay
- Support for ISO Splittate on Fat32 Devices
- Support for NTFS formatted devices (dear External Hard Disk)
- NetISO support (Ps3netsrv) PS3-BD-DVD-PSX ISO / CUE / BIN
This version does NOT have the Mod Graphics you saw in FERROX 4.80. However it will be added later, releasing a separate version, or a simple package. Leave your vote in the Poll Top of the page!
- Download the CFW at the top. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and confrontatene the 'MD5 with what you find at the top! You can use the Tool md5sums.
- Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another 'other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
- Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
- Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- On the XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
- To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.
The Developer Alexander tells us that the Source Code of its Porting COBRA will be available soon in its Github. As soon will be made available, We will leave the link here.
Update: From LizZo comes the changes in CFW 4.81 FERROX CEX COBRA EDITION v1.01, roughly translated to quote:
CHANGELOG FERROX COBRA 1.01:
- Fix the PS2 Emu for Console CECH C / E (Joonie thanks for the feedback)
- Peek & Poke arranged to LV2, which may lead to Enable and Disable the COBRA functions at will. Once the COBRA features disabled, CFW will be a normal CFW Standard. (Joonie thanks for the feedback)
- Now the PSP Titles Compatible with PS3 work properly.
- Added Installer for Mod Graphics, the same views in FERROX 4.80. You will find the PKG in the Package Manager - Install Package Files - Internal Storage.
Update #2: From LizZo comes the changes in CFW 4.81 FERROX CEX COBRA EDITION v1.01 NoBD, roughly translated to quote:
And here's the release of this new version of the CFW of Cybermodding home. Today is the turn of FERROX NoBD COBRA, in version 4.81. From the previous version 4.80 system, the developer integrated patch NoBD in his FERROX COBRA. The result is a perfect and complete CFW for users who have a console with logic route.
We recall that the NoBD is designed for console in which the player is not working. The patch NoBD going to completely disable the reader, to prevent create disabilities for the console and for its operation. In fact, the console affected by this problem are not able to start games and homebrew normally.
The patch NoBD the opportunity to these console to be on a par with fully functional console, so you do not need to chase money to fix it! We think the FERROX NoBD version of FERROX fully resumes COBRA v1.01 +, with added precisely the NoBD Patch. Below the features of this custom firmware FERROX COBRA NoBD.
CHANGELOG FERROX COBRA 1.01 NoBD:
Thanks to @PLAYER 1 for the reminder in the other thread HERE.
- PATCH - NOBD: Enables Console with logica route, not to restart Homebrew and games !!