Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 22, 2017 at 1:24 AM       28      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their Standard and Cobra updates along with the other PS3 4.81 Custom Firmware including Rebug 4.81.2 Cobra 7.50 PS3 CFW, today PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss returns with Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.81 COBRA 7.5 v1.02 Custom Firmware! :D

Download: CEXFERROX481COBRA750_102.PUP (197.8 MB) / CEXFERROX481COBRA750_102.PUP (Mirror) / stage2.bin (Play From Burned Disc) via Alexander

v1.02 PUP MD5: b9d64e32a5622b4db85c4ef2044770a2

Below are the changes, roughly translated from LizZo to quote: Release - Custom Firmware FERROX 4.81 v1.02 COBRA 7.5

We return once again with a new release for the PS3 scene! Tonight it was the turn of the new 2.1 version of the Custom Firmware 4.81 FERROX.

The new release has been produced with the 'intent to offer a CFW as clean as possible, for that section of users who want to play online with a little more tranquility. But do not worry, the other slices of users will settle! ;)

This new 1.2 version of the custom firmware developed by Developer Alexander leads the addition of COBRA Patch 7.50. As I said, despite the COBRA functions, the FERROX is considered the cleanest CFW. It indicates particularly made for the use Online.

It also thanks the developer Habib for his valuable advice on porting 7.5. I think now you anyway know all the CFW of Cybermodding home, so let's do the rest.

CHANGELOG v1.02:
  • COBRA updated to version 7.5 Patch
THE FERROX v1.02 FEATURES:
  • Built on the basis of 'OFW 4.81 SONY.
  • PSN / SEN Enabled.
  • Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
  • Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
  • Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
  • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
  • FEATURE - New look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
  • FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
  • FEATURE - Compatibility PSP games in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
  • FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
  • FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
  • FEATURE - 4.81 Keys to start games signed with 4.81 keys.
  • FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
  • FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
  • FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
  • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgradate non-Dehashed.
  • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
  • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
  • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
  • PATCH - Protection Cinavia Disabled completely.
INSTALLING THE CFW:
  • Download the CFW at the top. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and confirm the MD5 with what you find at the top! You can use the Tool md5sums.
  • Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
  • Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
  • Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player PS3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
  • Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
  • On the XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
  • To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
  • For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.
TEST ON CONSOLE:
  • CECHG04 - Tested and working
  • CECH2504A - Tested and working
  • Two CECH2104A - Tested and working
We tested every aspect, ISO PS3, PS2, PSX, PSP HDD, FAT32 and NTFS, PSP Minis and Remaster, PSN and Game Online, all COBRA functions, in short, we say a little of everything. If you find oddities let us know !!! Do not be shy :)

The new version 1.02 of the Custom Firmware FERROX thus brings the 'addition of COBRA Patch. However, we consider non-essential update if you are previous version 1.01+. The changes are not many in the new COBRA functions, and can not be of interest to most users. You choose what to do. :)

As always, we thank our dear friend and developer @Alexander for his continuous work!

If you have questions or concerns please let us know! We are always available for questions and clarifications, please feel free to ask! :giggle:
Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.81 COBRA 7.5 v1.02 by Alexander.png

Comments

HI, newbie here, can i use this cfw on a CECH-3000? everytime im trying it says error file corrupted. i tried different usb, it says the same. please help

thanks
No you can't use this or any other CFW. To install CFW you need to downgrade to 3.55, but unfortunately your console cannot be downgraded so cannot have CFW.

No you can't use this or any other CFW. To install CFW you need to downgrade to 3.55, but unfortunately your console cannot be downgraded so cannot have CFW.

Correction: He need to downgrade to 3.55 or 3.41. Either way will work. I don't want people to think that they only downgrade to 3.55 if they wants to lower than 3.55. :)

Hi, I have CECH-2000A with CFW 4.80 Ferrox Cobra and some game installed on HDD Internal. If I update, can I brick my console? or lossing games? For now, I far away from city and dont have Flasher.

Correction: He need to downgrade to 3.55 or 3.41. Either way will work. I don't want people to think that they only downgrade to 3.55 if they wants to lower than 3.55. :)
How is that a correction? You can downgrade to 1.00 if your console is old enough, and install CFW from there if you wanted to. But for installing CFW you only need to be able to get to at least 3.55, or can use noFSM method if your minimum firmware is 3.56, so why bother going any further. I was letting the poster know this, and that because his console cannot be downgraded to that then he cannot have CFW.

How is that a correction? You can downgrade to 1.00 if your console is old enough, and install CFW from there if you wanted to. But for installing CFW you only need to be able to get to at least 3.55, or can use noFSM method if your minimum firmware is 3.56, so why bother going any further. I was letting the poster know this, and that because his console cannot be downgraded to that then he cannot have CFW.

There is correction on both of you There is NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE to install CFW , you need to read flash>patch it>write back install any CFW ;)

There is correction on both of you There is NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE to install CFW , you need to read flash>patch it>write back install any CFW ;)
Actually I said that it had to "be able to be downgraded to at least 3.55/3.56", not that it actually had to be downgraded.

Actually I said that it had to "be able to be downgraded to at least 3.55/3.56", not that it actually had to be downgraded.

Now don't you start playing word games as that is not what u wrote :p , you wrote "But for installing CFW you only need to be able to get to at least 3.55" which indicate you need to be on 3.55 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back