Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.82 Standard v1.0 followed by Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.82 v1.00 Cobra 7.53, and today PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss returns with Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.82 Standard v1.01 and the changes below!
Download: FERROX482_101.PUP (195.4 MB)
PUP MD5: c1c544fba2374b1f6ea6fd457ae97051
To quote from LizZo via @dodero4 who is also a Moderator at CyberModding.it that passed along this news to us: PS3 Custom Firmware FERROX 4.82 Standard v1.01
As promised, we update the version of this CFW developed by our Developer Alexander. In v1.00 of the FERROX Standard Custom Firmware, slight shortcomings had been noted. So now the cleanest CFW to go online is stable and accurate. Version then updated to v1.01.
You will all know the standard version of the FERROX now, but in case you are new to the world of Jailbreak and CFW, know that this is the safest CFW to avoid a Ban from the online game console. This Firmware contains only the Patches needed to be a complete CFW, but still modest. If you need more features, you can fall back to the COBRA version of the FERROX.
This is only a Fix version, but it is recommended to install it to get everything precise and fully functional. Let's see the features, even if you have memorized them.
- Fix missing icons in XMB.
- Fix DRM PSP & Fix PSX - Now the PSP and PSX PKGs start without problems.
INSTALLING THE CFW:
- Built on the base of OFW 4.82 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility to Update from OFW 3.55.
- Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE - Key 4.82 to start Games signed with keys 4.82.
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot Support.
- FEATURE - Remote Play support.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA Protection Disabled.
TESTS ON CONSOLE MADE:
- Download the CFW at the top of the page. Rename the .PUP file exactly in: PS3UPDAT.PUP and compare the MD5 with the one you find at the bottom of the page! You can use the md5sums Tool.
- Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder called PS3, inside it create another one called UPDATE, and inside this last insert the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the Custom Firmware.
- Insert the USB into the rightmost port on the Ps3.
- Be sure to : Remove any disc from the Ps3 player, Disassemble any Games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to Install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- On XMB you just go to the 'Settings' column, then 'System Update' and choose 'Via storage media'. Select the CFW and the process will start.
- To enter Recovery instead, turn off the Console. Switch on again by holding down the Power button until the console turns off again. Now switch on again by holding down the Power button until you hear 2 Beeps close to each other. At that point release the Power button! From the Recovery Menu now, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install the CFW twice. You can also go back to Recovery and choose the Options to Rebuild the Database and Restore the File System. This way you will have a more than clean and safe installation.
In this version of the FERROX Custom Firmware, there is no particular change. It's the cleanest CFW of all! Suitable for those without special needs and those who do not want to risk more than necessary by going online.
- LizZo - CECH-2104A
- Dodero4 - CECH-2504A
- MiZiO90 - CECH-2004A
- WAR - CECH-2004A
You do not find the Package Manager, nor the installer of the Graphic Mods. If you prefer a more complete CFW, there is the COBRA version that you will always find in the PS3 Custom Firmware FERROX section!