Ferrox PS3 CFW 4.82 Standard v1.0 release, PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss returns today bringing Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.82 v1.00 Cobra 7.53 with a NoBD release incoming as well for CFW users with broken or missing Blu-ray drives!
Download: CEXFERROX482COBRA753_100.PUP (197.8 MB)
PUP MD5: c4a878c836be5ef13a660109a8941bbd
To quote from LizZo on CyberModding.it with the release details, roughly translated: Custom Firmware FERROX 4.82 v1.00 COBRA 7.53
We promised you just last night, we bring you the new Custom Firmware FERROX 4.82 COBRA 7.53 !!
It is the most used CFW of all together with REBUG, so you will know it well for now. Always present to every new OFW, all of us members of the Cybermodding Staff along with our Homebrew Developer we are working from the very first day after the release of OFW 4.82.
This CFW is the perfect firmware for those who are not interested in the many / too many CFW REBUG options. It can be said that the CFW is the most up-to-date for users looking for a CFW Standard that has all the necessary functions, no more. In fact, we can ensure that FERROX is one of the cleanest to play online.
- Built on the base of OFW 4.82 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Upgrade from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility to upgrade from OFW 3.55.
- Downgrade from any CFW with QA Flags active.
- QA Flags are active if you have previously enabled.
- FEATURES - Patches added COBRA 7.53
- FEATURE - New Look of XMB.
- FEATURE - PS2 Games Compatibility.
- FEATURE - PSP Games Compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURES - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Console with RSOD.
- FEATURE - Keys 4.82 to launch Games with Keys 4.82
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshots.
- FEATURE - Remote Play Support.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE - Added Temperature Display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove the LV2 Protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch CoreOS Hash Check to Prevent Brick on Downgraded Non-Dehashed Consoles.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA PROTECTION Fully disabled.
- Download the CFW to the bottom of the page. Rename the .PUP file exactly in: PS3UPDAT.PUP and compare the MD5 with what you find at the bottom of the page! You can use the md5sums tool that you find online!
- Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder named PS3, inside this creature another called UPDATE, and then insert the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the Custom Firmware.
- Insert the USB into the uppermost port on the PS3.
- Make sure to: Remove any disk from the PS3 player, Remove any Games Loaded with Any Manager, Disable the Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to install CFW from XMB or Recovery.
- On XMB just go to the 'Settings' column, then 'System Update' and choose 'Through Storage Media'. Select CFW and start the process.
- To enter Recovery instead, turn off the Console. Press and hold the Power button until the console switches off again. Now turn on again by holding down the Power key until you hear 2 close beeps. Then release the Power button! From the Recovery menu now, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install CFW 2 times. You can also go back to Recovery and choose Options to Rebuild the Database and Restore the File System. So you will have a cleaner and more secure installation.
The CFW was again tested from scratch. We did not find any kind of error. Once again we thank Developer @Alexanderss for the work done
- LizZo - CECH-2104A
- Dodero4 - CECH-2504A
- MiZiO90 - CECH-2004A
- WAR - CECH-2004A
- Littlebalup - CECH-2004B
Special thanks to @dodero4 for passing along the news on our Contact Us page!