Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PLAYER 1       Start date Oct 17, 2018 at 1:11 AM       49      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their last revision, today PlayStation 3 developer @Alexanderss released Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) 4.83 v1.00 Cobra 7.55 which adds support for PS3 Firmware 4.83 with the changes outlined below. :love:

Download: CEXFERROXCOBRA483_100.pup (198.1 MB)

PUP MD5: 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

To quote from LizZo on CyberModding.it, roughly translated: Custom Firmware FERROX 4.83 v1.00 COBRA 7.55

Finally here is your CFW! It is the first Custom Firmware of the 'most famous' ones. Do not trust too much of the unknown CFW that you find around the web, because they may have been built with the MFW tool, which certainly is not the best way to do a CFW.

The CFW FERROX now you know it very well and you also know its developer, our friend Alexander.

Already many have been waiting for it for days, but as you know we need time to test all the features of the Firmware. We have been able to test everything well, but it is always possible that something is missing. For this, if you find any problems do not hesitate to let us know!

Let's get back to us.. The FERROX COBRA 4.83 has arrived at version 1.00 !! Few news, here they are.

Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:
  • Added ps2_netemu.self modified by kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I did not elaborate on this as I do not use these files, but I link to the official thread.
  • Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by MiZiO90.
For more info read the installer description below !!

CFW CHARACTERISTICS:
  • Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
  • PSN / SEN Enabled.
  • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
  • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 and from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]
  • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
  • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
  • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
  • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB.
  • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
  • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
  • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
  • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
  • FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
  • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
  • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
  • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
  • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
  • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
  • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
  • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
  • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
  • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
  • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
  • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely.
INSTALLING THE CFW
  • Download the CFW at the top of the page. Rename the .PUP file exactly in: PS3UPDAT.PUP and compare the MD5 with the one you find at the top of the page! You can use the MD5sums Tool that you find online.
  • Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder called PS3, inside it create another one called UPDATE, and inside this last insert the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the Custom Firmware.
  • Insert the USB into the rightmost port on the PS3.
  • Be sure to : Remove any disc from the PS3 player, unmount any games loaded with any Manager, disable Internet connection.
From XMB
  • Simply go to the 'Settings' column, then 'System Update' and choose 'By storage media'.
  • Select the CFW and the process will start.
From Recovery

Enter Recovery:
  • Turn off the Console.
  • Switch on again by holding down the Power button until the console turns off again.
  • Now switch on again by holding down the Power button until you hear 2 Beeps close to each other.
  • At that point release the Power button!
In Recovery:
  • From the Recovery Menu now, select 'System Update'.
  • Just follow the instructions on the screen, and you're done!
For a clean installation, you can install the CFW twice. You can also go back to Recovery and choose the Options to Rebuild the Database and Restore the File System. This way you will have a more than clean and safe installation. Ok. You can choose to Install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.

As always, the sources of the Alexander developer will soon be available in his Github.

PS3 CFW 4.83 FERROX
via donatelo27
Ferrox PS3 Custom Firmware 4.83 v1.00 Cobra 7.55 by Alexander.jpg

Comments

There are a few threads HERE and HERE that cover PS3 downgrading and CFW for models that can be downgraded and jailbroken.

Thanks alot for this cfw! download it yesterday as some people say & suggest to dont install it , i do the opposite... i need it to see the trophy collection its very strange but like this section... with the trophy achievements... also i want to ask you can play a game that is only online? or maybe do updates? is that a danger? thanks a lot!... :angel:

write again to say sorry to the 2nd half of the up post (i already read several opinions and mistakes about other players that gone online) and of course keep the up the good work that you done to all the hack & devs. :angel:

I reply fast thanks for the helping (only one game i will try to play online) , of course i also want to ask for a latest more updated ver. of an pkg called irisman from estwald i think the name of course again this is not the thread for that but is good to have all the guys out there their preferred manager or by the needs...! and last i am very positive for news of new pkgs for the best console & that is PS3! :angel:

right..! sorry but latest edition does not have something that enable syscall links, that error had when i load irisman 4.82, 2nd when i sign in for 1st time & then get into mltmn the pkg struggled to load or play the stratup sound or the backround music, so i had to reboot the system and try again.. all other stuff works great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back