Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the FF7R PS4 Themes, FFVII Combat Tips, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Save Editor and his previous KH3 PS4 Tool this weekend PlayStation 4 developer @iddaemon made available a Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS4 Tool that supports static and skeletal models, maps, textures noting that textures will be auto-assigned if you extract them before loading the map. :geek:

Download: ff7r.rar (22.57 KB - ff7r.exe) / Mirror

There's an ongoing topic from RevolverOcelo, and to quote from id-daemon's post on the release: You can use the tool to convert individual assets, or all assets in a folder.

1. To convert one asset, drop asset file onto the tool, or run the tool from command line with asset filename as parameter.

If asset file contains a texture, in will be exported to "textures" subfolder in Directx10 DDS format. After that you can convert them to the format you like.

If asset file contains static or skeletal mesh, in will be exported to ASCII. Raw data will also be saved in "staticmesh.raw" & "skeletalmesh.raw" folders for later use in map extraction.

If asset file contains a material, it will export material info in a text file, and create "material.db" file with information for later use in map extraction. If "material.db" file already exists next to the tool, it will be updated with newly found materials.

If asset file contains a blueprint, it will create "blueprint.db" file with information for later use in map extraction. If "blueprint.db" file already exists next to the tool, it will be updated with newly found blueprints.

2. To convert all assets in a folder, place the tool in that folder and run it. Tool will search that folder and all subfolders for .uasset files and try converting them all. When prompted "are you sure?" you can press "enter" to confirm or Ctrl-C to cancel.

3. To convert maps, drop .umap file onto the tool, or run the tool from command line with umap filename as parameter. Current version will extract static meshes, skeletal meshes, blueprint-generated meshes, lights and landscapes from a map.

For map extraction to work, "staticmesh.raw" and "skeletalmesh.raw" folders with previously extracted data must be in the same folder with the tool. If some models will be missing, tool will give messages.

If "blueprint.db" file will be next to the tool, is will try and place all models mentioned in blueprints on the map. There's no proper blueprint support, so some models may be placed incorrectly.

If "material.db" file will be next to the tool, material information from that file will be used to place texture names in the output ASCII file, so when loaded, all textures will be applied automatically. By default, ASCII file will have texture names with ".PNG" format. If you converted textures to another format (for example .JPG), you need to replace ".png" to ".jpg" in ASCII file with any text editor before loading it.

If there will be no "material.db" file, or some materials will be missing in that file, tool will give messages and material names will be used for textures. In that case you can search and apply them manually. Some models do not use any textures (for example, solid color materials or lights). For such models ascii file will also have material name as texture name, so if you want, you can open that material in umodel and see whats the color and other properties.

note: blueprints are not properly supported, because i'm not going to read their code at all. This would be just too complicated. Since most blueprints just have 1 mesh inside and some logic, i'm assuming they are simply placing that mesh. In reality, the mesh position may be edited or calculated accoridng to game logic, or removed at all - this is all NOT supported.

Cheers to @Moojak for the heads-up on this handy PlayStation 4 tool earlier today! 🍻
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Tool for Models, Maps & Textures by ID-Daemon.png

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Tool for Models, Maps & Textures by ID-Daemon 2.png

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Tool for Models, Maps & Textures by ID-Daemon 3.png

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Tool for Models, Maps & Textures by ID-Daemon 4.png

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Tool for Models, Maps & Textures by ID-Daemon 5.png

Comments

Honestly think I'm just gonna update. Bought death stranding, dreams and detroit: become human. Tired of waiting. By the time you get to play these on jailbreak I'll be on the ps5.

Well we know at least ONE person that has an updated Kexploit ;)

I do like how this tool was made available tho!

.... for the 22 people on the planet who can actually use it! :cool:

OooO
links to dl please, or links to a site that is working on the models. I don't see it on Xentax and I found some on Zenhax, but they just dispute over it. I don't need drama, I need 3D files.
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back