Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter MinzNunz       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinzNunz

Contributor
Hi,

First of all, Hello to everyone, im Minz, im new here, pleasure to meet you all :) !

As the title says, Its my first time jailbreaking a ps3. I have been reading alot in here to able to understand some stuff about it.

So, the thing is.. I have a PS3 Fat 80GB and the serial is a CHECL. It has the original software and its updated to 4.80. OFW.

Since i cant spent money in games i would like to be able to download a few and play them. This post might a little big but, my questions are.

What do i need?

Where i can download everything?

Like the OFW, the multiman, the spoof, etc..

Because i want to play the downloaded games (and if you guys dont mind a website to download games would be awesome too :D) and play online..

Well,

Thanks in advance, i really hope you guys can help me.

Cheers!

Hello @MinzNunz

You have a nor model so all u have needed is a e3 flasher (hardware) to downgrade to 3.55 fw. Im not sure about safe shop to bought one of them.

first provide a e3 flasher then ill send u some useful link to continue.
If u wanna more adventure u can buy Teensy++2 that need soldering and patience ofc.

Welcome to PSXHAX @MinzNunz! If you mean CECHLxx on OFW 4.80 then you should be able to use a hardware flasher (Teensy++, E3, etc) to downgrade it and then you can install CFW to play PS3 game backups... one site for them is HERE. :D

If you don't want to downgrade your Phat PS3 you can also have someone such as racer0018 do it for you.

As for your other questions, some popular spoofers:
Also once you have jailbroken the PS3, check out both Rebug 4.80.1 CFW and MultiMAN v04.80.00. ;)

Yeah but yours is the same really.. if I wasn't online, your post would allow him to research what he wants to do next and Google the links, etc. (y)

thank you all for all the help! But just one more question.. Can you help me to see where i can download the OFW the latest one?

And for the downgrade, ill try look into it, because i can do it by myself (install and such) but i need to know what to download :(

Thanks again! :)
Hello @MinzNunz

You have a nor model so all u have needed is a e3 flasher (hardware) to downgrade to 3.55 fw. Im not sure about safe shop to bought one of them.

first provide a e3 flasher then ill send u some useful link to continue.
If u wanna more adventure u can buy Teensy++2 that need soldering and patience ofc.

I have the e3 flasher. Can you help me with the rest plz? Like links and stuff? :)

Thanks in advance!

thank you all for all the help! But just one more question.. Can you help me to see where i can download the OFW the latest one?

And for the downgrade, ill try look into it, because i can do it by myself (install and such) but i need to know what to download :(

Thanks again! :)

I have the e3 flasher. Can you help me with the rest plz? Like links and stuff? :)

Thanks in advance!
Are you planning on using the clip for flashing or do you plan on soldering the wires for the hardware flasher? If it were me i would solder and not use the clip, the reason behind this is that once in a while it can be a pain to get the clip to sit just right on the nor chip and then get a good read off of this chip. If you plan on soldering then the guide will need the wiring diagram for the e3 and if you plan on using the clip then it wont need this part. Thanks and please let me know.

I can help with the other questions that you have. You dont need to be on the newest OFW if you plan on downgrading the system. You can downgrade it from the firmware that you are on right now. Another thing is that you will have to make sure that you have a good dump with the e3 before you write anything to the system, dont write anything to the nor chip into you are 500% sure that you have a good dump and its patched correctly to the system.

If you dont get a good dump and then write to the system there is a chance that you can turn that system into a brick and wont be good for anything but taking up room. If you need help with making sure that it is a good a dump then let me know and i can help with that as well. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back