Category PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM       1,479       4            
This weekend developer jlq2_97 reached out on Twitter to let us know they released a Flipper v1.0 PSP homebrew game produced in 48 hours during the Alicante GameJAM complete with source code and a demonstration video below from his YouTube Channel! :love:

Download: FLIPPER.iso / GIT

It is pictured running via the Windows PPSSPP emulator utilizing the JamEngine SDL Engine with PlayStation Portable scene developer credits including pablomanez, jlq2_97, alihyderx, dan_senssei and SethMusica.

And from the README.md, roughly translated: JamEngine

Engine using SDL

Recommended applications
Dependencies
  • libtmx
  • SDL2
  • SDl2_IMAGE
  • SDL2_TTF
  • BOX2D
  • TinyXml2
Compile
Code:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make -j4
Notes

The audio will have to be in wav format, so that it will be less MONO, sampled at 22khz and use 8 bits. From linux you can convert using this command:
Code:
ffmpeg -i in.mp3 -acodec pcm_u8 -ac 2 -ar 22000 out.wav
In the tiled "Pattern layer format can be uncompressed base64" and the "Pattern painted order" has to be from Right Down.

Some textures if they are very large are not loaded in the PSP, a 790 * 430 does not load, for example.

Flipper - 2019 Alicante Gamejam

Authors:

Flipper v1.0 2019 Alicante GameJAM PSP Homebrew Game and Demo Video.jpg

Comments

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
The game looks good to bad I don't have a PSP anymore to try it out.

Recent Articles
Sony PlayStation 4 & PS VR Last-Minute Holiday Deals at PSDirect.com
Following the launch of their online store, today Sony shared some last-minute holiday deals for PlayStation fans featuring savings on PS4, PS VR, select titles and more at their PSDirect.com...
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...
Latest PSN Flash Sale Offers Up to Half Off The Game Awards Nominees
Sony's latest PlayStation Store Flash Sale is here offering up to 50% off select PSN titles including both past and present nominees and winners of The Game Awards featuring A Plague Tale...