Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend developer jlq2_97 reached out on Twitter to let us know they released a Flipper v1.0 PSP homebrew game produced in 48 hours during the Alicante GameJAM complete with source code and a demonstration video below from his YouTube Channel! :love:

Download: FLIPPER.iso / GIT

It is pictured running via the Windows PPSSPP emulator utilizing the JamEngine SDL Engine with PlayStation Portable scene developer credits including pablomanez, jlq2_97, alihyderx, dan_senssei and SethMusica.

And from the README.md, roughly translated: JamEngine

Engine using SDL

Recommended applications
Dependencies
  • libtmx
  • SDL2
  • SDl2_IMAGE
  • SDL2_TTF
  • BOX2D
  • TinyXml2
Compile
Code:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make -j4
Notes

The audio will have to be in wav format, so that it will be less MONO, sampled at 22khz and use 8 bits. From linux you can convert using this command:
Code:
ffmpeg -i in.mp3 -acodec pcm_u8 -ac 2 -ar 22000 out.wav
In the tiled "Pattern layer format can be uncompressed base64" and the "Pattern painted order" has to be from Right Down.

Some textures if they are very large are not loaded in the PSP, a 790 * 430 does not load, for example.

Flipper - 2019 Alicante Gamejam

Authors:

Flipper v1.0 2019 Alicante GameJAM PSP Homebrew Game and Demo Video.jpg

Comments

I love peeps doing stuff for Vita. I'm hoping to do something soon too, If I get some free time. Keep up the great work guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back