Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 28, 2019 at 9:33 PM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortnite Season 8 has arrived on PlayStation 4, featuring a monstrous volcano and Party Assist to get help from friends to complete daily or weekly challenges, and according to Epic Games Marketing Coordinator Skyler Laston-Gaeta the Lazy Lagoon and Sunny Steps are just two of the new areas to explore.

Pirates, Ninjas and a ship load of new fighters will tussle over treasure, battle with Pirate Cannons and uncover legendary loot. This season, X marks the spot! o_O

Fortnite Season 8 PS4 Trailer

• New to Season 8: Party Assist! Before a match, you can pick a Daily or Weekly challenge and get assistance from your friends to help you complete it! Team up with a friend to complete these new social challenges together.
  • A new season also means a brand-new Battle Pass. Over 100 new exclusive rewards are ready for you to unlock, and it still costs the same 950 V-bucks. This season, you get the Blackheart and Hybrid progressive outfits instantly when you purchase the Battle Pass, both of which can level up to unlock new styles.
Fortnite - Season 8 PS4 Battle Pass
For everyone that completed the 13 free Overtime Challenges during the Share the Love event, you can claim your free Season 8 Battle Pass at the Battle Pass tab or upgrade to a Battle Bundle at a discount.

Creative

Set up deadly traps or harrowing trials in your own adventure games using the new Jungle Temple Prefab and Pinball Bumpers, exclusive to Fortnite Creative.

Save the World

Play your way with the new Hero Loadout overhaul! Customize your playstyle by mixing-and-matching new and unique perks for each Hero. Choose a Commander, five Support Team members, and one team perk to tailor the way you play.

Eight new, unique quests have also been added to the game, each unlocking a new Hero to add to your roster! More Heroes, more combos. Build your customized team, save your favorite presets, and prepare to Save the World.

Spoiler: Video Trailers
Fortnite Season 8 PS4 Trailer, Adds a Volcano and Party Assist.jpg

Comments

i have an important bug to announce, unfortunately all the epic games 'assets' content of the developers can be cloned

Well I have this announcement to make, I do not gain anything but the developers will appreciate it.

Epic and asset developers are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars thanks to a bug that I discovered quite some time ago. I had not reported it to Epic but I did so because I saw on a website how they were already earning money with this bug, the website was closed thanks to the help of google and the request of several developers of the epic store that have contacted me, but have begun to come out other web clone publishing epic games assets and even epic is not repaired with a solution.

In the development of Video games are used in most cases assets
these allow you to make an indie and even triple AAA video game with much more ease without having to develop everything from scratch, this is why many developers create these assets to make your life easier when building a video game without spending millions of dollars, in my case I'm developing a shooter with some friends and this benefits me a lot because I do not have to create everything from scratch in the process.

In the development of indie and triple AAA video games are used graphics engines, case unity, cryengine and a very popular Unreal Engine from Epic Games owners Fortnite among others, a few months ago I noticed a bug in the Epic Games Launcher, the bug is embedded in the hashes check of the engine Unreal engine specifically in the Vault Cache which is where everything that has to do with your purchases is stored, this sensitive information is protected to a certain extent, but it can be stolen and posted on the Internet by hackers on certain advertising and leakage sites, a failure so serious that it allows you to become the owner of all the asset content of a real marketplace.

error-VAULT1.jpg

Anyone can have what belongs to you as a developer and publish it anywhere if you access and make use of this bug, so if you are a developer and some malicious software accesses your computer can through a robot look for what you bought and through malicious code extract a very easy way your assets and your information and publish on the site X as if it were yours or original but without your consent, the failure is even more serious because buying games or exclusive in Epic is moderately safe, but as a developer your work has no security, there is no hashes of verification for assets, a finished triple AAA game does have this security, but the possible assets they used to create it can be backup as many times as you want.

It is believed that because of this error developers have let receive for years their respective income, some have even stopped giving support for this failure, which was often believed that people did not buy in the Epic store assets and continuously Epic for days gives free assets to encourage people to know these contents of the developers or for a very low price, but in reality was all content can be downloaded for free, absolutely everything, and this failure has existed for a long time, not how many people are profiting from this but is hurting the developers, what allows the construction of an indie game has security "0", it is as if nobody cares, and in the case of developers sell assets or templates is often their only source of income.

The point is that the games published in the Epic Games Estore are safe to some extent, but in the library of assets and the marketplace of assets has a failure a long time ago, is an incredibly ridiculous failure, a person with little knowledge in programming could solve it, and sadness as Epic has done nothing to solve it because there is almost that since they launched his Launcher, and is that you can have code in your library as if it were yours, as if you had bought it original so you did not buy it, this hurts the developers and benefits the pirates, some community developers have joined to prevent our work is stolen and published on sites that have no scruples.

Example a few days ago, I communicated with a very important developer of epic and talking to him told me that his situation was difficult, and not only the if not other developers, he were being very affected by this issue, with google was able to close one of these important websites that published all the latest developments of assets and templates, I will not give names but has managed to close some of these websites and others are about to close but by the help of google and not Epic, each developer invests years creating a template or asset only for you to have it easier and you can develop your game without spending thousands of dollars on a development, buy a template for a very low price and starting from the start to create.

Wow, that sounds like quite a catch indeed! šŸ˜²

I'm sure the developers will appreciate reporting the find so that they don't continue to lose money from others profiting off it. šŸ¤‘

It hurts that nobody does anything, I already told Epic Games of the error but they haven't done anything. It's as if the developers don't care about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back