Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 4/20! 🙃 Since initially removing the Firmware Updater EULA Page, today Sony reinstated it releasing their official Firmware Updater for DualSense Wireless Controller via PC application (FWupdater.exe in FWupdaterInstaller.exe) that allows updating the PS5 DualSense wireless controller with the latest firmware from select Windows 10 devices and Windows 11 without connecting to a PlayStation 5 console. 🎮

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a public PS5 Jailbreak Exploit (PS5Jailbreak Status) arrives in the PS5Scene.

Download: FWupdaterInstaller.exe (4.5 MB - includes FWupdater.exe, Firmware Updater for DualSense Wireless Controller Version 1.0.0.2) / FWUPDATE0004.bin (928 KB) / Firmware 0x297 4-20-2022 (Mirror) / DualSense List of Firmwares GIT via Paliverse

For those experiencing the PS5 DualSense Controller Stick Drift Issue, here's further details from Sony's Official Page to quote: Update the wireless controller firmware

Improve the performance of your DualSense wireless controller by updating the firmware. Always update to the latest version before use.

To update the firmware, use a Windows PC and the app [Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller].

System requirements

You need a Windows PC that meets the following system requirements.

OS Windows 10 (64 bit) or Windows 11
Storage space 10 MB or more
Display resolution 1024 × 768 or higher
USB port Required
Update

If it’s your first time updating the firmware, you need to install the app on your Windows PC. The next time you need to update the firmware, start from step 3.

1. Download [Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller] and save it to your desktop or other location. App subject to end user license agreement.

2. Run the installation file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use [Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller]. To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Launch [Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller].

4. Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your Windows PC, and then follow the on-screen instructions to start the update. Don’t turn off your Windows PC or disconnect the USB cable during the update. When the update is complete, a message appears. Select [OK] to finish the process.

You can update the firmware for only one controller at a time. To update the firmware for multiple controllers, you need to do each controller individually.

Updates to the firmware will be released for your DualSense wireless controller from time to time which are necessary for the proper functioning of the controller. You will be notified about new firmware updates when you update your PS5 system software to a later version or when you launch the [Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller] app.

SIE strongly recommends always installing the latest update as soon as possible after the update is released. Failure to do so might expose your controller to security risks and/or might compromise the proper functioning of the controller.
currently reversing the Hora Octa (PS5) Game Controller DFU Updates. Let me know if you're good at RE and wish to help with this, it might bring dualsense firmware keys eventually
FWupdaterInstaller.exe Firmware Updater for DualSense Wireless Controller PC App.png

Comments

It's primarily for those who have a DualSense controller but don't own a PS5 console yet, so they can use it on other supported devices like PC's and phones.

For example cloud streaming and remote play are supported via PC, but until now there was no way to update the DualSense controller for use with them without a PlayStation 5 console.

Welcome to the future:

"SIE strongly recommends always installing the latest update as soon as possible after the update is released. Failure to do so might expose your controller to security risks"

Hi, if I upgrade my Dual Sense firmware via PC (for spider man PC), will I be able to play with that Dual Sense on PS5 which is on 04.03 ?

In other words, if I upgrade Dual Sense, will I be able to plug it back in PS5 (04.03) and play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back