Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM       29      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we received word from EpicError of some PS3 demo videos which appear to show Gears of War 3 running on PlayStation 3 with unreleased GOW3 maps. :unsure:

One user going by the name of MrNightmareTM thinks they are all fake... check them out below and decide for yourself! :D

MORE Unreleased Gears of War 3 Maps
From the video's caption: Time for Maps Below. A video showcasing a massive collection of unreleased maps. There is tons of Campaign stuff as well. You may recognize some of these as already released, such as Azura, but these are completely different than the retail game.

Gears of War 3 Running on PS3
From the video's caption: I managed to compile a fully working Gears of War 3 build for the PS3. The PS3 is a very annoying system to work with, but in the end got it working. The FPS is currently terrible on the PS3 system, I'll try to get a video out on the stability of the build later.

PS3 running Gears of War 3 - Gameplay
From the video's caption: DO NOT ASK FOR THIS BUILD, YOU WILL NOT OBTAIN A FILE FROM ME!

Booting up and playing around in the PS3 build. Changed the buttons in the build to better reflect its on the PS3.
Gears of War 3 Running on PlayStation 3 with Unused Maps Demos.jpg

Comments

Hello brothers, batman here :)

First of all, congratulations for EpicError :)

Yes, this is true, Gears of War 3 on PS3. Now I know, because EpicError helped me recently, not directly, but behind the scenes, through another folk from AssemblerGames, Pixelbutts.

I never imagined it was you, because Pixelbutts only said he has a friend which is trying to compile the UDK Engine Source Code.

Now I know that it is you man, you and him fixed the eboot.bin he sent to me.

Althought I was first skeptical about him and a little mad with him (epicerror), because he did not want to help me the first time I contacted him in BetaArchive Forums, but now I MUST THANK THIS GUY.

Thanks man, you finally solved my problem with UDK on PS3, so now you fixed my eboot.bin changing the directory path and caption of the letters. That guy, Pixelbutts gave me the modified eboot.bin.

So now, thanks to EPICERROR, UDK Ultimate for PS3 is already fixed :) I WILL CREDIT YOU FOR SURE.

I talked to my friend @PSXHAX , I told him I am going to re-release UDK Ultimate soon, because I have first of all be able to solve the problem with the PS3 eboot.bin, second I was able to recompile the entire Unreal Engine 3 Source Code both 32 and 64 bit binaries, I added some new features to optimize and fasten the process of importing multiple 3d models (automatically set shadow casting and colision on meshes ID), and other minor tweaks (like assets cataloguing to be able to see all the models as soon as you open UDK Editor, instead of manually fully loading each package)

And I am trying to compile UDK Engine and make it run on PS Vita Henkaku (I am lucky, I have now a PS Vita Henkaku) aswell.

I think the first progress I have done, which I was able to get the PS Vita ini files for Unreal Engine 3 (the same game from which i got the Xbox360 and PS3 ini files, it contains aswell the PS Vita ini files). I think the devs somewhat they forgot these files on the final build of the game, for our luck.

I never abandoned this project UDK Ultimate, althought I don't post too much, but I always work "behind the scenes". And I don't like to create too much hype, I prefeer to just show off something worth, whenever I get any real progress.

So my final words, please, respect EPICERROR, this guy, althought he does not like to share with others these cool goodies he has, but now this guy deserves all our respect and our thanks, because he is the responsible of fixing the PS3 support for UDK Ultimate.

I am just a bit sad, because I don't have a CFW PS3 (I saddly own the PS3 SuperSlim 12GB). I think I will try to purchase an used one from ebay, but it would be fantastic if the famous PS Scene Hackers could finally hack the PS3 4K models. Maybe a distant dream? Who knows?

Thanks! If @batman was able to give the community the power to compile their own UDK builds to PS3, why would it be impossible for me to compile my Gears 3 build to PS3? Granted I understand people's skepticism but come on, I got videos of it running on PC.

The PS3 build has all the campaign maps, all the retail maps as well as maps from the public beta. The juicy part of the PS3 build is that it has even DLC map as well as unreleased maps such as Sandstorm Gridlock and more. I also included maps I created myself, ports of Gears 1 to Gears 3 such as Canals.

Again, the PS3 doesn't have much RAM compared to 360, at 256MB. That is why you see it dipping to a silky smooth 20-24FPS. Just modifying the textueLOD to a lower res, reducing some graphical effects and reducing LOD of models could get it at a stable frame rate, but I'm too lazy to fix it right now.

It wouldn't be possible to straight out of the gate allow people to play between each other. Majority of the onlinesubsystem is hardcoded to 360. For example, I have yet to change the save system to work properly with the PS3, it won't save. A few things must be changed to even allow you to play with multiple consoles.
Oh yeah that's cool. Could I possibly help with this project somewhere down the line?

If people who have the UDKUltimate project and would like to fix their PS3 development, follow this.

Open up FFileManagerPS3.h and find the lines

Code:
/** Predefined path to root of game on a BD */
#define DRIVE_BD    SYS_DEV_BDVD"/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"

/** Predefined path to host fs root */
#define DRIVE_APP    SYS_APP_HOME

Change it to the following

Code:

#define DRIVE_APP    SYS_APP_HOME"/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"

Recompile your PS3 elf files and it'll work fine now.

Oh yeah that's cool. Could I possibly help with this project somewhere down the line?

The biggest thing the Gears 3 PS3 build needs is really PS3 specifics, such switching the 360 HDD selector to the PS3 save selection as well as which account to log into. Majority of that is just research.

If people who have the UDKUltimate project and would like to fix their PS3 development, follow this.

Open up FFileManagerPS3.h and find the lines

Code:

#define DRIVE_APP    SYS_APP_HOME

Change it to the following

Code:

#define DRIVE_APP    SYS_APP_HOME"/PS3_GAME/USRDIR"

Recompile your PS3 elf files and it'll work fine now.

The biggest thing the Gears 3 PS3 build needs is really PS3 specifics, such switching the 360 HDD selector to the PS3 save selection as well as which account to log into. Majority of that is just research.

Mind letting me mess around with the files? That's how I usually start my modifications and it leads to something. I found most Oblivion features by messing with the files. Although if you think it won't help then there is no need. I still want to help.

Mind letting me mess around with the files? That's how I usually start my modifications and it leads to something. I found most Oblivion features by messing with the files. Although if you think it won't help then there is no need. I still want to help.

Sorry, I don't wish to give files away. Again, majority of it is just learning the specifics to the PS3 and what is used to access the APIs for logging in, selecting HDD, etc.

Hello epicerror

Thanks man for the info, I will recompile UDK Ultimate. But isn't there any other changes we need to do to run on CFW? Pixel butts told me we need to make the files that will be read by the eboot.bin (ELF file) to be UPPERCASE (like UDKGAME FOLDER and Contents). He also said you need to enable HDD game booting on CFW Debug Settings.

If you could give some more detailed information, it would help too much, because I want to write these instructions so anyone can use UDK Ultimate to create a PS3 Game.

Off course brother, any help is welcome, even if is just for testing (and being patient) and debugging. For now on, my most important priority is to try to get UDK running on PS Vita. So if you have some knowledge on PS Vita Development, or got to know someone who understands PS Vita development, it will be of unvaluable help.

Hello epicerror

Thanks man for the info, I will recompile UDK Ultimate. But isn't there any other changes we need to do to run on CFW? Pixel butts told me we need to make the files that will be read by the eboot.bin (ELF file) to be UPPERCASE (like UDKGAME FOLDER and Contents). He also said you need to enable HDD game booting on CFW Debug Settings.

If you could give some more detailed information, it would help too much, because I want to write these instructions so anyone can use UDK Ultimate to create a PS3 Game.

Off course brother, any help is welcome, even if is just for testing (and being patient) and debugging. For now on, my most important priority is to try to get UDK running on PS Vita. So if you have some knowledge on PS Vita Development, or got to know someone who understands PS Vita development, it will be of unvaluable help.
Great would be happy to help. Unfortunately can't promise I will find anything special. Send me the files via P.M I will launch it to see if it works and afterwords will be trying some of my own testing on it. :)

If I find something useful I will report it back

Hello epicerror

From what I'm aware, you would just need to apply the code change and make sure all folders are uppercase. The files don't need to be uppercase, only the folders. CFW should be able to boot it just fine afterwards.

Great would be happy to help. Unfortunately can't promise I will find anything special. Send me the files via P.M I will launch it to see if it works and afterwords will be trying some of my own testing on it. :)

If I find something useful I will report it back
Brother, do you have any knowledge about PS Vita Development? Since the UDK Xbox360 is already working from since the first time I released UDK Ultimate. Now the PS3 UDK is aswell working. So now I need to get UDK Engine on the PS Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back