Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM       29      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we received word from EpicError of some PS3 demo videos which appear to show Gears of War 3 running on PlayStation 3 with unreleased GOW3 maps. :unsure:

One user going by the name of MrNightmareTM thinks they are all fake... check them out below and decide for yourself! :D

MORE Unreleased Gears of War 3 Maps
From the video's caption: Time for Maps Below. A video showcasing a massive collection of unreleased maps. There is tons of Campaign stuff as well. You may recognize some of these as already released, such as Azura, but these are completely different than the retail game.

Gears of War 3 Running on PS3
From the video's caption: I managed to compile a fully working Gears of War 3 build for the PS3. The PS3 is a very annoying system to work with, but in the end got it working. The FPS is currently terrible on the PS3 system, I'll try to get a video out on the stability of the build later.

PS3 running Gears of War 3 - Gameplay
From the video's caption: DO NOT ASK FOR THIS BUILD, YOU WILL NOT OBTAIN A FILE FROM ME!

Booting up and playing around in the PS3 build. Changed the buttons in the build to better reflect its on the PS3.
Gears of War 3 Running on PlayStation 3 with Unused Maps Demos.jpg

Comments

Brother, do you have any knowledge about PS Vita Development? Since the UDK Xbox360 is already working from since the first time I released UDK Ultimate. Now the PS3 UDK is aswell working. So now I need to get UDK Engine on the PS Vita.

Unfortunately I have not messed around with vita before. Although this project isn't fully complete for PS3 the more minds the better even if I can't can't with exactly what you want I can still help. :)

Ok bro, so you do have a PS3 CFW for testing? So you could try to compile by yourself the PS3 Source Code for Unreal Engine 3 which is a pain in the ass :D :D :D

I will take some more time to mess arround with UDKUltimate project, because I am a web designer and digital advertiser by profession (my job), and now this time close to christmas, a lot of our clients need some new promo and advertising on their website, so because this I have a full time job of no resing untill the last week close to christmas. So I maybe able to come back to UDK Ultimate on the end of the year, and untill there, you can try to "play" arround with UDK Ultimate Source Code, ok?

Check your P.M soon.

Ok bro, so you do have a PS3 CFW for testing? So you could try to compile by yourself the PS3 Source Code for Unreal Engine 3 which is a pain in the ass :D :D :D

I will take some more time to mess arround with UDKUltimate project, because I am a web designer and digital advertiser by profession (my job), and now this time close to christmas, a lot of our clients need some new promo and advertising on their website, so because this I have a full time job of no resing untill the last week close to christmas. So I maybe able to come back to UDK Ultimate on the end of the year, and untill there, you can try to "play" arround with UDK Ultimate Source Code, ok?

Check your P.M soon.

Yes I have the equipment necessary.
Part of being a dev is learning. How exactly does a PS3 CFW let me compile it myself? I have one of course though.

Unfortunately I have not messed around with vita before. Although this project isn't fully complete for PS3 the more minds the better even if I can't can't with exactly what you want I can still help. :)

Yes I have the equipment necessary.
Part of being a dev is learning. How exactly does a PS3 CFW let me compile it myself? I have one of course though.

No brother, basically you will open the UDKU Source Code folder, there will be a plenty of source code files (cpp files, h files). And there will be a project to be opened in Visual Studio 2008 Professional. It's basically click on Rebuild Project, and then wait.

But things will not work that easy, you will need to have a lot of softwares installed on your pc and configured correctly, mainly the PS3 *** (Software Development Kit), so then after you compile (which is the process of converting source code files into an executable, in case, the final result will be a eboot.bin, a PS3 game executable).

The CFW PS3 will allow you to test this game, because only a Custom Firmware PS3 can run unnoficial games (unsigned code).

Cheers.

Sorry, I don't wish to give files away. Again, majority of it is just learning the specifics to the PS3 and what is used to access the APIs for logging in, selecting HDD, etc.
shame cause if this would be released for PS3 you would be a legend who made last game for it

anyway the second map on the first video is from Uncharted3 so i was thinking it is just a reskin

also i noticed stat fps command in console same as in RedOrchestra2 so it was run on PC too? :)

shame cause if this would be released for PS3 you would be a legend who made last game for it

anyway the second map on the first video is from Uncharted3 so i was thinking it is just a reskin

also i noticed stat fps command in console same as in RedOrchestra2 so it was run on PC too? :)

Well these files contain copyrighted content by many company owners releasing it would be dangerous. I have the files, but only plan to mess around with them as far as I can. GeoHot was a legend, but look what happened to him.

I mean, without a doubt Microsoft would not be happy if that got out. I don't like taking risks and releasing such a thing would probably be a big risk.

I mean, without a doubt Microsoft would not be happy if that got out. I don't like taking risks and releasing such a thing would probably be a big risk.

Yeah bro, never mind, let`s just release UDK Ultimate full with PS3 working (and maybe Vita), I think is less troublesome, because we are not releasing anything except the same as original UDK Engine (just we added support for consoles).

By the way, althought I don`t have a CFW PS3, however, I was able to convert some of these testmaps I created on UDK Ultimate on Xbox360 to PS3 by using the official Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Mod Tools (and the original Game Disc).

And trully, althought PS3 is a great console, but it is not so powerfull like people think, rather, is a very complicated system and very restricted (256MB Ram is a joke :D). I have created some BIG maps that run smoothly on PC and Xbox360, but when I converted these maps to Unreal Tournament 3 PS3, the maps simply made the console freeze, they did not load on the game.

Then I manually had to optimize these maps for PS3, by removing some objects and props from the map here and there, reduce textures size, removing some shader effects, in fact I have created a reduced version of the original xbox360 map to be able to run this on PS3.

Even if EpicError would release Gears of War 3 for PS3, this would not be like the original Xbox360 version, rather, this would be an inferior version of the original game. However, if we would do optimization like pro developers, maybe we could get something descent, but the ammount of work needed, and the sure that the game on PS3 will indeed be inferior than the original Xbox360, and the risk of problems with Microsoft, I think is not worth doing this.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back