Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter racer0018       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can tell you all what i have found in fixing these systems in the past.

The blinking blue light that I have seen and can fix is the one to where you turn it on and the system will beep back at you. This is a fix that is reballing a chip or 2 to fix this. The other one is the ps3 will turn on and blink a blue light but won't make a sound it will just blink. I have found 2 of these systems and I fixed one but not the other yet.

It's to bad that I can't really share what the problem was because its something to do with the flash and changing a few things in that. At this time I can't give out that info because it isn't mine to do so. The other one that I have isn't that easy. For some reason the ps4 got turned off during an update and it's bricked and I'm working on it

The flashing red light is something of a different beast all together. I have repaired 2 of these and it hasn't been easy. Sony will tell you that it's an overheating problem and some of them are. This is the case, change the thermal compound on it and then make sure the system is venting well. But the 2 that I have found that wasn't it. It was in fact a reballing issue with them and they are working great now.

Now if you have a system that has a problem with something like this, post in the ps4 repair area of it and tag me in it and I'll make sure that i look at it and help. Thanks all.

I have to add something to this. What I can say is that if I come up with something on my own and no one helps with it, I'll release what I found. But when I work with others it is a group effort and therefore the group has to decide on when and if this gets released.

There has been a few people that I know that have been working with the flash of a system are making some headway with them. They are trying to make it that you can repair a bricked system and also be able to Downgrade a system. The last time that I talked to them, they told me that they are making good ground on both of these. I'll keep you all updated once I know more. Thanks.

Sounds louder than what ive experienced, it does sound like its in an enclosure... and that will amplify any noise.

If its out in the open, then it really is loud.
If it runs games etc fine then carry on. A replacement drive if/when it does die isnt that much, just remember to use your original bd drive board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back