Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 19, 2019 at 10:43 PM       32      

Does Google's Stadia Gaming Platform Interest You?

• Yes, and I plan to subscribe when it launches!

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Yes, but not enough to become a subscriber yet.

Votes: 54 27.8%
  • No. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are enough.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • No, subscription services are a waste of money.

Votes: 88 45.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The annual Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2019 is underway and runs throughout the week from March 18th to March 22nd in San Francisco, California. :giggle:

Formerly known as Project Stream while in development, today Google announced their cloud gaming subscription-based service Stadia via Twitter complete with Stadia Developer applications being taken and an Official Site now online as the AAA video game platform is currently slated for a 2019 launch.

According to Wikipedia, since the games are hosted on Google's servers Stadia needs no additional hardware... only requiring the device to have an Internet connection and support for their Google Chrome browser.

:poll: Check out the Stadia videos below, and let us know in the Site Poll if you plan to jump on the bandwagon for Google's new gaming service or not!

To quote: Stadia works atop YouTube's functionality in streaming media to the user, as game streaming is seen as an extension of watching video game live streams, according to Google's Phil Harrison; the name "Stadia", plural of "stadium", is meant to reflect that it will be a collection of entertainment, of which the viewer can choose to sit back and watch, or take an active part in.

:arrow: And from their Blog Update, to quote: Stadia launches with 22 titles on day one

Alongside our publisher and developer partners, we’ve been getting ready for Stadia, and are adding more titles to our day one launch line-up. Gamers will have a total of 22 titles to choose from tomorrow, with more games coming by the end of the year.

In addition, gamers will be able to claim both Destiny 2: The Collection and Samurai Shodown as part of the November Stadia Pro subscription. Stadia's day one titles include:
  1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  2. Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
  3. Destiny 2: The Collection
  4. Farming Simulator 2019
  5. Final Fantasy XV
  6. Football Manager 2020
  7. Grid 2019
  8. Gylt
  9. Just Dance 2020
  10. Kine
  11. Metro Exodus
  12. Mortal Kombat 11
  13. NBA 2K20
  14. Rage 2
  15. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  16. Red Dead Redemption 2
  17. Samurai Shodown
  18. Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  19. Thumper
  20. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  21. Trials Rising
  22. Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Google Stadia Gaming Platform Officially Announced at GDC 2019.jpg

Comments

I'm not paying a subscription to play my games this isn't freaking Netflix. If the system does not support physical games I will not buy it. Everyone else can go ahead and pay $29.99 a month to play Minecraft or Call of Duty but not me.

unfortunately you're a minority resisting to change
i know it could be the end of backups and it sucks balls, but that's exactly what they're planning

i was saying the same thing at 360/ps3 launch about single player games, that was everything i knew about gaming, campaigns- nothing changed for me anyway, but people like me were shouting like you about online multiplayer games
now people barely buy a game if it's not having multiplayer
not to mention the ones which don't know gaming outside multiplayer cs-go fortnite or whatever they're playing now

@Deepsht
Last time I checked Single player games are selling like crazy, esp nice stuff like RE2, RDR2 and Assasin's Creed. As for MP games just look at the disaster Anthem is.

I actually can compare Stadia to Netflix and it's something nice to have, but same as with Netflix, the movies I like, I'll def get in physical form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back