Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Polyphony Digital President and Creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi announced that Gran Turismo 7 races to both PS5 and PS4 on March 4th, 2022... however, in asterisked fine print it notes for GT Campaign (including Single Player) mode alongside the Livery Editor, Scapes, Trial Mountain / High-Speed Ring legendary circuits, GT Cafe and GT Auto tuning an Internet connection is required. :cautious:

While some of the other features are reminiscent of GT Sport lending validation to the online requirement, making an Internet connection mandatory for the GT Campaign Solo mode isn't sitting well with some GT7 enthusiasts. 🏎️ 🏁

To quote from PushSquare.com on this Gran Turismo 7 requirement concern:

"Some fans will be wondering why they can't enjoy the single player campaign without an Internet connection – especially if it operates independently from the multiplayer modes."

Many may recall last year when an Internet Connection Required for Godfall PS5 Single Player was confirmed, followed by the announcement of Denuvo Anti-Cheat Technology Coming to PS5 Developers as reports noted that Microsoft's Xbox Series X DRM Adversely Affects Offline Gameplay.

What's next? Perhaps Sony's Cloud Gaming Patent for System & Method to Stream Video could be implemented in the PlayStation realm. :unsure:

Gran Turismo 7 PlayStation Showcase 2021 PS5 Trailer
Gran Turismo 7 Requires Internet Connection for GT Campaign Single Player Mode.jpg

Comments

that detail is disgusting :(
remember the GT Sport and the background menu that is hidden.
This way, is not my way. RIP GT for me.

guest i will take off some dust from the ps3. GT 5 with mod is like a new one.

and like @crazyazz said, Asetto Corsa on PC with mod is the GT of new gen! less expensive too. ;)

i agree with said, GT6 is the last good game on the saga. And i have to insist, GT Sport has a background disabled menu where the savegames can be handled.

Are the companies today taking the users as dumbass ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back