Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao shared a guide inspired by this code to enable more logs on retail PS4 1.76 consoles with help from @oneman123 aka z80 complete with a MemPatch payload and ELF for Hitodama's Playground. :)

Download: mempatch.zip (18 KB) / mempatch_retail.elf (68.33 KB)

To quote from zecoxao: How to Enable More Logs on Your Retail Console Tutorial

Credits to:

z80 (https://twitter.com/ZiL0G80) for finding the patches to enable more UART | /dev/klog logs on his console

You will need:
Steps:
  • Fire up your own elfldr or extreme-modding.de one (it needs to go all the way to step 5 without out of memory!)
  • Listen to the payload:
Code:
#listener
socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip:5052
  • Send the payload:
Code:
#sender
socat -u FILE:path/to/mempatch_retail.elf TCP:my.ps4.ip:5053
  • Launch a game or a system app
  • [Extra UART] If you have UART connected, listen to the logs while the game or app is being loaded
  • [Extra klog] If you're not a soldering guy, just grab the content from
Code:
/dev/klog
On your ftp root server.

WARNING! Logs will delete themselves once every a couple of minutes or so!
  • You should have some extra logs.
To quote from zecoxao: To enable more logs on retail ps4 1.76, add this code to the start of your kernel payload: *(uint16_t *)0xFFFFFFFF832B26F8 = 1;
Thanks to both @lobimagobi and @raedoob for the news tips in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
Guide to Enable More Logs on Retail PS4 Console, MemPatch Payload ELF.jpg

Comments

To extract information from ELF files I would start with nm, readelf and objdump (on a Linux distribution they are usually collected in the binutil package)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back