Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 6, 2020 at 6:21 PM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the PS4 Scene awaits the Exploiting a WebKit 0-day in PlayStation 4 presentation this Thursday, December 10th from 10:20am-11:00am I've been busy pursuing my Plex Media Server project to stream TV Shows and Movies (although I'm planning to give Jellyfin a try soon, as Plex developers refuse to remove the 'Recommended' tab despite significant community interest with genuine reasoning backing it up). 😑

But I digress, the purpose of this article is primarily to discuss any alternatives to HashToMagnet.xyz (formerly Hash2Magnet.com by TorrentSnow, based on the Hash2Magnet Tool for reviving dead torrents).

While there are countless BitTorrent Info Hash (BTIH) to Magnet Converters / Generators including those HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE and Torrent Cache Services including those HERE, HERE and HERE alongside a lengthy list of Open Trackers for Publicly Tracked Torrent Indexes and Search Engines such as HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and DHT Search Engines like the one HERE... none of them I've ran across does what the HashToMagnet / Hash2Magnet online converter did. 😕

To quote from sizzlingkenny's simple summary of the now defunct tool: "it is now providing quick magnet generate via hash key and giving current seed + leech + completed list of the given info hash, its quite useful tool."

Essentially it searches hundreds of trackers to help revive dead torrents by including active seeds in the results, and from their (now dead) page description to quote:

Hash to Magnet is a tool to convert torrent hash into quick and fast magnet links as well as to get current connected seed, leech, completed status for the given info_hash, because our tool scans dozens of trackers which respond to your given torrent hash and it adds only working trackers to your torrents and removes the dead trackers to boost the torrent downloading speed.

H2Magnet is an online converter, you just need to search any valid torrent hash code by selecting one of the two options and that's all your torrent magnet link will be ready instantly.

That said, if anyone has feedback on either the Jellyfin experience in comparison to Plex or a decent alternative for the HashToMagnet Tool feel free to share with us in the comments below! :lovewins:
HashToMagnet Based on Hash2Magnet Tool for Reviving Dead Torrents.png

Comments

You should check out Emby as a Plex alternative too. Been using it for a couple years now when plex changed the look back then and I didn't care for the newer theme I switched to it. Emby is also available on most streaming things I use it on Roku on all my TVs.

Thanks for letting me know, I haven't heard of that one yet so will check it out also. :)

I'm mainly looking for a simple MP4 video streaming app that doesn't plaster the menu with lots of unnecessary clutter and promotions that end-users can't disable or turn off.

A few years back I tried Universal Media Server although their interface (both the PC and TV side) appeared quite dated, so Plex was a refreshing change at the time but now it may have run its course. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back