Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Tugpsx       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugpsx

Contributor
Had a bit of an issue where my son accidentally updated PS3 to 3.56 in order to play a game. He realized the error and tried to fix it using info found on YouTube for hard drive fix. This then rendered the drive not to boot. When system loads it wants to fix then ask to format the hard drive.

I replaced the hard drive with a 500GB and it boots but the system is now on 3.56. So the questions are:

1) How can I get back to CFW 3.55?
2) Is there any way to get access to the 750GB HDD?

I have see something about getting a drive access key file, but I guess its catch 22.

if you upgrade hdd and the ps3 boot correctly without any update process so you have a nand model.

you need hardware flasher like teensy +2 to downgrade buddy.
to access the hdd ye you should be on cfw.

Had a bit of an issue where my son accidentally updated PS3 to 3.56 in order to play a game. He realized the error and tried to fix it using info found on YouTube for hard drive fix. This then rendered the drive not to boot. When system loads it wants to fix then ask to format the hard drive.

I replaced the hard drive with a 500GB and it boots but the system is now on 3.56. So the questions are:

I have see something about getting a drive access key file, but I guess its catch 22.

Hardware flasher ONLY ;)

There is actually a way to access the drive (read-only) if you have saved your eid_root_key file, Its called HDD reader GUI and is included in aldostools.

Since you are back on OFW I really dont see the use of reading your HDD contents.

Try Bobbys Downgrader i think it can work for 3.56 ps3s
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3xv3bbqz7e18ty/Bobby+Downgrader+9.99+to+4.40.rar
I hope this can help you out with the downgrade

Have you heard of the TI Calculator downgrade method for 4.20 and below? It has a chance to brick, but also a chance to downgrade to 3.55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back