Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter HengeDK       14      
Status
Not open for further replies.

HengeDK

Contributor
Hi all

Bought a use ps4 yesterday
Run update to 4.55
after reboot it installs till 7% then SU-30631-3 error
Then I used a USB with full 4.55 firmware and
used option 7 in safe mode

After format and so it reboots and same error again
at 7%

Then used another HDD and did everything again
but same error again

any ideers

Thanks

Solution
According to the wiki SU-30631-3 is a Software Update error (0x80180009) which the same solution is recommended as Sony's Page pretty much:

USB error occurred while updating the system software.
  • Step 1: Delete the Update file from the USB storage device
  • Step 2: Clear your browser cache and redownload the PUP file here. Then retry the system update.
  • Step 3: If the error persists, try another USB device.
  • Step 4: If the error occurs again there may be an issue with the PS4's hard drive (HDD). If you have previously changed the HDD, use the other HDD. If not, please contact SCEA (877-971-7669 or 800-345-SONY) for additional technical support.
Sony also mentioned what you...
Not sure if you're still messing with it, I ran across this from jhale_1 worth a try, to quote:

Someone had the same issue as you, with the same error code and they said that they managed to fix it by following these steps:
  • Hold down the power button for around seven seconds, until it gives you the second beep
  • Plug the PS4 controller into the USB port before the error message appears (around 40%, they said)
  • Press the PS Button on the controller, again, before the error comes up
Apparently, this worked and the update successfully installed for them after doing this. I know this might seem like a silly idea, but it's worth trying it if someone else says it worked for them.

Most ended up sending it to Sony to get fixed, which is obviously not a great option for used PS4 consoles like yours unfortunately. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back