Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter cansnmez2003       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.

cansnmez2003

Contributor
Verified
Hello. I installed some apps to my PS4 to play movies from external hdd but they didn't work. I'm using same hdd to install games to PS4 so it's file system is ExFat. My TV doesn't support ExFat so I can't watch movies on my TV. Do you know a solution to that?

Edit: By the way my PS version is 7.55.

Solution
I understand what he meant. He is talking about Android TV. Yes, my Sony Bravia OLED Android TV doesn't support ExFat. You will have to format it to fat32 and it will work fine. I changed it to fat32 as well.
Im a tad confused tv dosen't support xfat? a ps4 will play on the tv if it has the desired connection leads

Unless you are using a usb stick on the tv this is a different issue, if this is the case id say codec or file format

there are certain programs that will run ps4 movies. however it has to be the correct format i think avi or xvid files work but mkv don't seem to. I haven't tried many myself, so cant give you a definitive list it may be a codec related issue, the file you wish to run must be supported by the operating system or games system

I understand what he meant. He is talking about Android TV. Yes, my Sony Bravia OLED Android TV doesn't support ExFat. You will have to format it to fat32 and it will work fine. I changed it to fat32 as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back