Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer zecoxao shared a PS4 tutorial on how to bypass Sony PFS (PlayStation File System) protection entirely with other devs... check it out below! :cool:

To quote: How to "bypass" pfs protection entirely

Things needed:
How to:

1- Go to http://www.extreme-modding.de/PS4/1.76/Playground/index.html and select the FTP Server (big Silver Star)
2- Enable it and minimize the browser
3- Start the game you want to copy/modify pfs content
4- Keep the game running (i believe this is the issue people are having)
5- Start your favourite ftp client
6- Navigate to:
Rich (BB code):
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/[TITLE-ID]-app0
where [TITLE-ID] is the id of the game you're running.
7- From there you can dump and modify files at will

I originally wondered if there was a way to do pfs bypass with the app.db so i asked around to see what would people say. Credits to flatz for the original idea.

PS:
Code:
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/[TITLE-ID]-app0-nest
contains the entire file listing (and also the files) in a big .dat file. You can also use it but you'll need an extractor later.

Now the eboot.bin protection is left to "crack". let's see how this plays out.

Thanks to @B7U3 C50SS for the news in the Shoutbox!
PS4 PFS Protection.jpg

Comments

So what exactly is the point in this? Can anyone confirm if the files are not encrypted like the article suggests?
According to the article they are but we are not using this (ram access) is the best for any if this stuff.

On another site it gives details on it n how well it works but our main guy is away for the weekend n taking personal time with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back