Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter vickysibia       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

vickysibia

Contributor
Verified
I have running Ps3 Model (2508B) on 3.55 kmeaw My ps3 date code is (0D)

Is my ps3 model support other cfw or i need e3flasher to upgrade

I never open my ps3 ....it is still have sealed on downside....

I never want to brick it....

Please help me out....

What to do with qa flags...

Typically to go from 3.55 (or above) Kmeaw CFW to the latest Rebug (recommended over Ferrox) you would just install the Rebug PUP right over it from the XMB.

You can get a flasher and do a dump as a backup for precautionary purposes (if the power goes out during the upgrade, etc) and enable QA with Rebug Toolbox before updating but in your case it isn't a requirement as far as I know.

Let me mention @misiozol in to get his thoughts as I sold my PS3 years ago and even when I had it don't remember doing most of this. :confused:

if he's on 3.55 he can do 2 things dump eid key and enable QA , both are done via packages , and update console to newest rebug + mutiman. If it goes about e3 flasher it's more likely he will kill console while trying to dump/flash rather while updating to newest rebug ;) , and there is no need for any flasher if u r on 3.55 just update and live happy life :)

HOW TO Install & Uninstall REBUG from their site, to quote:

INSTALL:

From XMB install REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER over any 3.55 OFW/CFW/MFW or the same or lower firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched or any firmware version CFW with spkg sig check patched and QA enabled.

UNINSTALL:

From XMB REBUG 4.21.x AND HIGHER can be uninstalled with the same or higher firmware version OFW/CFW/MFW or with REBUG 3.55.x REX EDITION on a QA enabled PS3 or with the ‘999’ DOWNGRADER if QA was NOT enabled.

Enjoy

~Codename: REBUG Team.

I would say that if you are on cfw 4.81, I would just take and put the ps3 into safe mode and install the new cfw using this. Now if the system is below 4.81 then go ahead and install the cfw using the xmb to do this.

It all depends on what firmware you are on and what firmware you want to install. Thanks.

I would say that if you are on cfw 4.81, I would just take and put the ps3 into safe mode and install the new cfw using this. Now if the system is below 4.81 then go ahead and install the cfw using the xmb to do this.

It all depends on what firmware you are on and what firmware you want to install. Thanks.

So i am now on ferrox....so the easy way is just go to safe mode installed rebug from there....

So i am now on ferrox....so the easy way is just go to safe mode installed rebug from there....

It all depends on what firmware your on and what firmware you want to install. Are you on 4.81 and want to install the same verison 4.81. Thanks and let me know and ill make you up a guide once you answer this. Thanks.

It all depends on what firmware your on and what firmware you want to install. Are you on 4.81 and want to install the same verison 4.81. Thanks and let me know and ill make you up a guide once you answer this. Thanks.

Please make guide .....i am noob before this .....but i gain much knowledge...

Please make guide ...helping other friends here

He said he would make a guide, but since the guide would be different depending on what firmware you are on? and what firmware do you want to install? you need to answer those questions first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back