PS4 News       Thread starter SigobaraIgopipa       33583       27

SigobaraIgopipa

Contributor
Somehow my console downloaded 4.07 update even though I disabled "Download updates automatically"

Now every time I start my console it asks for update, and If I accidentally click on "Update" I'm done-no jailbreak chance for me.

If I do "factory reset" will this delete the Update file and stop asking me to update Firmware?

Cicko24

Contributor
Oh, I'm sorry, it's already downloaded? Looks like you can't delete it then.

"On newer firmwares (>4.00?), you cannot delete them via the Downloads section, but instead you can delete it by pressing Options on the update notification and selecting "Delete"." , source: reddit.

B7U3 C50SS

~ Team_Zer0 ~
Contributor
i mean... it might delete it.. but you might need to be quick in deleting it.. the only problem is the series of menus you must go through first before getting to the system menu, upon first factory boot-up.

SigobaraIgopipa

Contributor
Hello all!! Today I tested again EVERY POSSIBLE SOLUTION and indeed there is NO WAY to delete the downloaded 4.07 firmware update FILE from a my PS4 which is version 4.00!!!

So it will ask me to update everytime I turn on the system. Funny thing is if I go to main menu settings and click on update from there, it asks me to connect to the internet XD

Hehe, Sony bastards got us all figured out! I bet that in PS5, Internet will be always switched on, and it will be always searching for WIFI without password to FORCIBLY update to the latest (crappiest) firmware!!!

Or even worse: they will have built in 4G GSM module with a built in SIM card with free interned for operators around the world, and the moment it has got power it will automatically download and forcibly install latest firmware through mobile data!!!!

Or even worse XD XD XD IT will have a small built in battery for a special low power dedicated FW update processor and 2 Gigs of memory to store the FORCIBLY downloaded firmware, only to install it the moment you power up your system!! SSony Is watching you!!

Thumbs up all who got OFW v4.00, coolest version number ever!!! :) :) :)

Recent Articles
Mednafen PS4 PKG Port of Multi-system Emulator Arrives via Markus95
Following the Mednafen PS4 Emulator Demos earlier in the month, this weekend tester @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) made available via Twitter a Mednafen PS4 PKG Port (mednafen.pkg) by Znullptr (aka...
Sony Holographic Display Patent and Voxon Photonics 3D Demos
This past Tuesday Sony officially unveiled the PS5 console, and recently a Sony Holographic Display Screen patent from September 2019 surfaced leading to speculation on whether the new 3D...
RemotePlayPrototype: PS4 Remote Play Protocol Tool by Grill2010
Since his previous PSJoy Project for PC / Android devices and following the Chiaki free and open source PS4 Remote Play Client release from thestr4ng3r, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @grill2010...
PS5 Backward Compatibility May Not Support All PS4 Game Titles Yet
Previously we saw initial reports that PS5 backward compatibility with PS4, PS3, PS2 and PSX titles may be in development, followed by specifically PS4 Game Support on PlayStation 5 with...