Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigobaraIgopipa

Contributor
Somehow my console downloaded 4.07 update even though I disabled "Download updates automatically"

Now every time I start my console it asks for update, and If I accidentally click on "Update" I'm done-no jailbreak chance for me.

If I do "factory reset" will this delete the Update file and stop asking me to update Firmware?

Solution
As long as it's not installed yet, here is a guide from Master0wn3r, to quote:

[4.05] How to remove downloaded 5.03 PUP from system!

As of 4.00 Sony disabled the ability to remove system software updates once they are downloaded. So once they are downloaded the system will ask you to update when you touch anything on the PS4.

With the recent jailbreak its very easy to remove this from the PS4.
  • In order to do this, you need to run IDC version of the exploit (to allow full FTP access).
  • Once you send the payload (assuming you know how to FTP already) ftp to your PS4 with FileZilla or whatever using port 1337.
  • Now navigate to /update and...
There isn't any update file on my switch but it still tells me to update every time I run something game/app. Is there any way of removing this annoying menu that pops up? Even after reseting ps4 it still shows up. Btw I used ps4Xplorer to check in the update folder and nothing in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back