Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:

Spoiler

Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)
How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50 by @MODDEDWARFARE
How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

@MODDEDWARFARE I have installed PS4 AIO on my laptop but for some reason it does not appear as any other normal program. It almost cover my full screen on the laptop making it almost impossible to use because every time i have to use it I have to change the position of my taskbar so that i can insert PS4 ip address.

I have also run some compatibility test and i have enabled option to "run this program in compatibility mode for windows 8" but still it does not change anything. Any suggestions?

Also forgive me if this comment seemed unrelated to this topic.
Note : My dpi scaling for windows is at 100% and i have set the resolution to max

Well, recently there was a new upload of uncharted 4 cusa00917 with a separate update pkg version 1.23 and that installed just fine on my ps4.

Also lego undercover city had a separate update in that thread and that installed just fine ad well, so it does work with backups.

But perhaps those updates are not the official ones but dumped from the uploaders ps4 while dumping the disc? Still works though.

so recently there was talk about modifying PKG installation files to work with older firmwares, is that possible? or would this be a moot point?

Also is there any repository we can look at that has legacy updates? Like DLCs and PKG installation files for older firmwares?

Great tutorial IF (and only if) you have original bluray disc, and you cannot update game because of low(er) firmware.

Playing backups is great, but, as a 4.05 owner, i'm more than happy to buy original game wich interest me, for collection.yes, i'm a sucker for boxes with pretty pictures on them, so if i like a game, i'll buy it, so this tutorial is great stuff. But still, i don't want to update to latest fw, and use updates in regular way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back