Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM       64,611       86            
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:
Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)

How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge

How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

elbartobls

Contributor
Verified
Im on 4.55 firmware and when i try the method posted on the video for The Last of Us i get a message that the update is ready to install, when i start the game it say that i ahve to update the console before updating the application.

Anyone encountered this? any way to work around it

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Your probably trying to use an update that is a higher firmware than 4.55.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Update 1.09 says it's for firmware 4.73 so you need an older update.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
ps4database.io usually tells you what the firmware requirement is but they don't have a lot of the older updates.

I don't know what title ID you have but here is update 1.06 that should work with firmware 4.55 it says system v1.72.

Recent Articles
Minecraft Bedrock Version on PS4 Features Cross-Play and Marketplace
Back in October we reported that PS4 Cross-Play exited the Beta stage and was available to all PlayStation 4 developers, and today Mojang officially announced that the Minecraft Bedrock Version...
Open World Co-op RPG Ashen Joins New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Among the new PS4 video game releases next week is open world co-op action RPG Ashen by A44 and Annapurna Interactive where you play a wanderer in search of a place to call home. In Ashen you'll...
PKGi PS3: PlayStation 3 Port of PKGi Tool Downloader / Installer by Bucanero
We've seen several PlayStation downloaders including PSX Download Helper, PSDLE, NoPayStation with NoPayStation Database, NoNpDrm Dump, PKGJ and based on PKGi by mmozeiko comes a PlayStation 3...
PS4 Waker SmartThings App Device Handler by Xtreme22886
In line with the PS4 Alexa, PyWakePS4 on BlueTooth, PS4 Imagemap and IP-Symcon PS4 projects comes a PS4 Waker SmartThings App Device Handler used to control the PlayStation 4 power on / off and...