Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM       64,730       86            
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:
Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)

How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge

How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

elbartobls

Contributor
Verified
Im on 4.55 firmware and when i try the method posted on the video for The Last of Us i get a message that the update is ready to install, when i start the game it say that i ahve to update the console before updating the application.

Anyone encountered this? any way to work around it

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Your probably trying to use an update that is a higher firmware than 4.55.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Update 1.09 says it's for firmware 4.73 so you need an older update.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
ps4database.io usually tells you what the firmware requirement is but they don't have a lot of the older updates.

I don't know what title ID you have but here is update 1.06 that should work with firmware 4.55 it says system v1.72.

Recent Articles
Sony PlayStation 4 & PS VR Last-Minute Holiday Deals at PSDirect.com
Following the launch of their online store, today Sony shared some last-minute holiday deals for PlayStation fans featuring savings on PS4, PS VR, select titles and more at their PSDirect.com...
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...
Latest PSN Flash Sale Offers Up to Half Off The Game Awards Nominees
Sony's latest PlayStation Store Flash Sale is here offering up to 50% off select PSN titles including both past and present nominees and winners of The Game Awards featuring A Plague Tale...