Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM       67,005       88            
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:
Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)

How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge

How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

elbartobls

Contributor
Verified
Im on 4.55 firmware and when i try the method posted on the video for The Last of Us i get a message that the update is ready to install, when i start the game it say that i ahve to update the console before updating the application.

Anyone encountered this? any way to work around it

jwooh

Staff Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
ps4database.io usually tells you what the firmware requirement is but they don't have a lot of the older updates.

I don't know what title ID you have but here is update 1.06 that should work with firmware 4.55 it says system v1.72.

Recent Articles
Hunt: Showdown Brings Bounty Hunters to PlayStation 4 Next Week
Next week join the rugged bounty hunters of Hunt: Showdown as they rid the world from the savage, nightmarish monsters roaming the Louisiana swamps! :eek: Hunt's competitive, match-based gameplay...
Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Void Edge PS4 Updates and Reveal Trailer
Following the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Operation Blood Orchid PS4 Trailer and Operation White Noise updates this weekend Ubisoft outlined the new Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Void Edge...
Mortal Kombat 11 DeepFake Celebrity Skin Demos by BabyZone
Game modder BabyZone recently shared some Mortal Kombat 11 DeepFake skin demos featuring popular celebrities including Keanu Reeves, Bruce Lee, Bruce Campbell, The Rock, Vandamme and Jackie Chan...
PlayStation 5 Price Affected by Costly PS5 Parts According to Reports
Business and Market news site Bloomberg.com reports that Sony is struggling on the PlayStation 5 Price due to costly parts (DRAM / NAND shortages) with current PS5 manufacturing costs around $450...