Category PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM       64,459       86            
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:
Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)

How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge

How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

elbartobls

Contributor
Verified
Im on 4.55 firmware and when i try the method posted on the video for The Last of Us i get a message that the update is ready to install, when i start the game it say that i ahve to update the console before updating the application.

Anyone encountered this? any way to work around it

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Your probably trying to use an update that is a higher firmware than 4.55.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
Update 1.09 says it's for firmware 4.73 so you need an older update.

jwooh

Staff Member
VIP Member
Developer
Contributor
Verified
ps4database.io usually tells you what the firmware requirement is but they don't have a lot of the older updates.

I don't know what title ID you have but here is update 1.06 that should work with firmware 4.55 it says system v1.72.

Recent Articles
PS4 IOCTL Nabber IDA 7.0-7.2 Script for IOCTL Requests by SocraticBliss
Proceeding his PS4 Module Dumper Payload and PS4 Kernel Fixup Script, PlayStation 4 developer @SocraticBliss (Twitter) added a PS4 IOCTL Nabber to his Github repository for use with the IDA...
Free Holiday Brush Pack Arrives for Concrete Genie on PlayStation 4
Christmas is still a few weeks away, but the festive folks at Pixelopus announced that a free Holiday Brush Design Pack is now available for Concrete Genie on PlayStation 4! 🎨🖌:santa: Here's the...
Sony CEO Confirms No Interest in Making Another Handheld Console
A few weeks back CEO Jim Ryan revealed Sony's plans to Transition to PS5, and in a recent interview with GameInformer.com he confirmed that PlayStation is also no longer interested in making...
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne x Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds PS4
Following the Monster Hunter: World PS4 Pro LE Bundle and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion, today Capcom announced that the gates to the Tundra Region have opened in Monster Hunter World...