Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a handy guide covering how to get PS4 game updates on a jailbroken 4.05 OFW or 4.55 OFW console from PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE on his YouTube Channel via Twitter. (y)

This comes following a related tutorial on Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) for those who missed it.

From the video's description, to quote: How to Get Game Updates on a 4.05/4.55 PS4 (4.05/4.55 Jailbreak)

How to update your games on a 4.05 or 4.55 Jailbroken PS4.

:alert: This method is for official games only! It will not work with game backups, only the original disc games.

Update Sites:

Spoiler

Download links:
How To Merge PKGs & Update Games For 4.05 & 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)
How to install update PKG files for your PS4 Disc based games using PS4 PKG Update Database! by NagatoRevenge
How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50 by @MODDEDWARFARE
How to get PS4 Game Updates on a 4.05  4.55 Jailbroken Console.jpg

Comments

is there anyway to download an old update?
on these sites it shows only the latest update which sometimes require a higher FW, how can i get an older one?
thanks

@nagoo1 you have to request it and hope someone with 4.55 has it and can dump it for you, or search for <4.55 compatible updates that have already been decrypted, dumped, and fsigned.

We need redeyex32 back or flat_z cracking PFS on PKGs.

Hello,

I have no disc, but after installing the game I was able to install without error the 1.23 update. I check before and after the patch and the version goes from 1.01 to 1.23

How is this possible?

there is a way to modify the original update?

Thanks

@Zippu its a fake signed update.

A person with GTA V disc has updated to 1.23, then dumped separately (split=3) the app and patch separately. Then they uploaded it for anyone with hen (fake sign enabler) to play.

@ib1080 Yeah, after you update your console to the newest firmware you can go online, but you can never use the hack again. If you update your firmware, you lose the hack.

Is it fine if I backup my Game, make my own PKG which does not have any updates.
Then when I reinstall it, I download the necessary update and install it?

Is it fine if I backup my Game, make my own PKG which does not have any updates..

Then when I reinstall it (The Generated PKG not from DISC),
I download the necessary update and install it?

I see that the TUT is for adding the Game Update to a Game, then Generating an Updated Game PKG..

So my Concern is, If I Backup my Game, Then Installed it to my PS4, Then does that mean I can still Update my Game, with a downloaded Update Package, even if I lose the Disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back