Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following some of the recent PS2 and PS4 PKG Guides, here's a video tutorial from @XeXSolutions on how to install PKG file games on exploited PS4 4.05 Firmware running PS4HEN which also can be hosted on Android and iOS devices. :cool:

:idea: If anyone along for the ride has time it would be great to fill a request for a PKG download manager tutorial also, as apparently there are free ones such as JDownloader (or Mipony for Windows or OS X) but a quick video showing how to use it with PKG links (such as ZippyShare) would be handy for many. (y)

Check out the video below, and to quote from the description: How To Install PKG File Game Dumps 4.05 Firmware PS4
How To Install PKG File Game Dumps 4.05 Firmware PS4
How to Download from ZippyShare Using TotalD by @seanp2500
PS4 Tutorials - How to use JDownloader For PlayStation 4 by @Xiam
PS4 JAILBREAK 4.05 PSN2PKG
How to Install PKG File Games on PS4 4.05 Firmware by XeXSolutions.jpg

Comments

hi, I downloaded a small pkg file from the ps4 database and manage to install the pkg file on my ps4 4.55 but the problem is the game has a locked icon in it.

so that means the game is encrypted, I hope I'm not wrong.

how will I be able to unlock games with the lock icon

thanks

@kojie kabuto
Since you already got the game installed I'm guessing you already got a payload injected. I'm using xortex-hen 1.4 for 4.55 with great success.

After loading the payload most of my games have a padlock on it as well, but I'm still able to run them. Think of the padlock as a remembered state, from "before the payload was injected".

After a game has been booted all the padlocks will be removed, or you can browse your catalogue from one end to the other, and the locks will be removed.

what do you mean by catalogue?

when I followed the tutorial or the video I only have the options of the firmware version and after selecting my firmware the page when to some options wherein you can choose HEN // Disable Updates // and so one

on that page, I chose HEN and then afterwards I installed the game from the debug menu.

is there something that I missed?

If you can install fpkg then you can play it. Sometime lock icon stays but game run normal, and what guest007 means is to scroll to right and then scroll your games to right and lock icons will dissapear.

If you can't play after running hen, maybe you installed original pkg , and that don't work, only fpkg

@kojie kabuto what Koh23 said I meant is right; I'm just confirming it.

By catalogue I did mean the game library - Scrolling from Right to Left on the main page/library of games removes the padlock :)

But yes, you download a "correct pkg" (as Koh23 explained) install it from the Debug menu and run it while having HEN injected.

thanks for the reply.

I downloaded the pkg file from the ps4 database from extreme, a small file "Pure Chess" for testing purposes only, most likely the file is an original PKG as what @Koh23 said.

Anyway I'm still in the process of download a PKG file from the PS4HEN PKGs so I'll get back to give feed back. :)

alright... got it working downloaded a game Kingdom Hearts from the PS4HEN forums and its all success.

thanks guys for your help

Hey so i have followed countless tutorials and after countless rips i cant seem to be able to convert files to pkg's. Can anyone assist me in this matter? I get the same error at 19% saying i don't have read or write access. Super frustrating error, curious if anyone else can knowledge bomb me. My process outlined below:
  • run dump payload
  • insert game and loads/ copy's to external as it should.
  • PS4 turns off
  • bring external to pc
  • run gp4 and save file
  • open gp4 file after completion
  • attempt to build package and receive error at 19% :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back