PS3 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       101335       101

Coover55

Contributor
Could this method (or a similar method) be used, hypothetically or practically, to install a ROM manager onto an OFW PS3 at 4.81? Or really any other OFW... I'm interested in getting it on my PS3 OFW with 4.81 but I would still be intrigued to hear what people think about doing it on any other version.

It would certainly be more convenient for managing games (for me), as I (or anyone else) could put our game files onto a large hard drive, plug it in, and be done, with no jailbreaking required... if MultiMan or another manager could be installed.

I admit to being a complete noob to PS3 modding, so if there's a better manager out there, please let me know. If this is impractical / improbably possible, also say something, please.

pskt

Contributor
Hello, I am new to this so excuse my noobity

I have tested this on my PS3 4.46 OFW, When i started the game it asked for system upgrade to 4.50, so I did that. Now the game launches but it still ask for update (I think game update this time)

so I thought since i only added one pkg (the main game 60 mb) i can add the update pkg but every time i select update pkg or fix pkg the application closes

I don't want to upgrade my OFW more than 4.50 and cannot use store to update the game unless I update to the latest OFW that i am guessing is already patched

any idea on what to do next or maybe some other games that i can test ?

abumaya

Contributor
Verified
so I have to wait till they find a new way to inject games to ofw4.80 because it is difficult to have another ps3 cfw to use data transfer :cry::cry::cry:

Recent Articles
OrbisGl2 LibOrbis Graphic Backend Based on Raylib for PS4 Homebrew
Following the LibOrbisNfs PS4 Port earlier this year, PlayStation 4 scene developer BigBoss announced today that an OrbisGl2 LibOrbis Graphic Backend Library based on Raylib is now available...
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS4 Campaign Remastered Arrives
Starting today the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is available on PlayStation 4 allowing PS4 fans to relive the classic campaign and get the Underwater Demo Team Classic...
PS3 System Software 4.86 Update Live, Don't Update Your Firmware!
Proceeding their previous PS3 OFW revision and recent PS3 Partial Message Service Ending announcement, today Sony pushed live a new PS3 Firmware / System Software 4.86 Update for those who still...
Lapy's River Raid 1.0 PS4 PKG Homebrew Game by Lapy05575948
Following the River Raid PS4 PKG Preview and his recent Easy PKG Extractor, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @Lapy released a River Raid 1.0 PS4 PKG today on Twitter for those with a Jailbroken...