Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter abumaya       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

abumaya

Contributor
Verified
hi everyone

I want to change ps2 iso to pkg and install in ps3 cfw. can anyone help me?

You may want to check out the PS3 4.81 CFW releases as a few with Cobra 7.5, such as Rebug 4.81.2 with Cobra 7.50 PS3 CFW, include PS2 ISO support according to their page, to quote:
  • PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
PlayStation 2 on NON-BC Consoles

Software (SW) Emulation:

Support for PS2 ISOs in non BC consoles was removed in Cobra 4.30 (usb), due tops2_softemu missing. It has been re-enabled now by hacking of ps2_netemu.

You can use it in the same way as before, just load an ISO and launch from disc icon, Cobra core takes care of rest. No need for encrypted isos, isos patched with limg sectors, etc. Just your normal PS2 isos dumped from discs. However, there is NO SUPPORT for Optical Discs in PS2_NETEMU.

Note 1: Don’t forget to set the memory cards in XMB, in the old memory card utility for PS/PS2, as ps2_netemu won’t let you assign them in game as long as you use the new ps2 launcher.

Note 2: Decrypted Config can now be used , place the CONFIG file in the same game path. An example below:
Code:
dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO

dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO.CONFIG
Decrypted CONFIG files are available via PSDEVWIKI.

PlayStation 2 on BC and Semi-BC Consoles

Hardware (HW) Emulation:

PS3 Models: CECHA, CECHB, CECHC and CECHE Backwards Compatible (BC) Consoles will still use their respective emulators (ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup.

Finally... Some other (older) options would be to use mmCM with an Internal HDD and put your PS2 ISO file in the dev_hdd0/PS2ISO folder if you have a backwards-compatible PS3 console, to use PS2 Classics Manager v1.02 by CaptainCPS-X to make a PKG and install it with a GUI (ps2classics_GUI_2.1.rar - 8.88 MB) by aldostools, or use multiMAN v04.81.02 to convert your PS2 ISO files and load them from the XMB using PS2 ISO playback.

If you get a 'copyright protection is invalid' (80029513) error, then try ReActPSN for activating the RAP file or try this method Without ReActPSN.

Good luck, and if anyone here knows a better/faster way let us know! :)

I Play ps2 games all day long... on my ps3 all games are of ps2 ...and directory is full of ps2 games collection... i never have issue of ylod ..my rsx temp is 75... cpu temp is 80... while playing ps2 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back