Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PS4HEN Trophy Calculator release, developer OfficialAhmed shared Iconit on Twitter today, which allows jailbroken console owners with PS4 HEN to change PlayStation 4 game icons without requiring an FTP client to replace them using customized images. :cool:

Download: Iconit PS4 v5.12 (Latest Version) / GIT

Spoiler: Depreciated

From the README.md: Iconit

Latest version 4.65 (Dec 6, 2021) No longer ftp client needed to change PS4 games' icon this tool will do it for you (Automated). Works on FTP payload (PS4 Jailbreak required) it's an open source you can clone the repository or download the executable version (exe) down below

Download from here
About

This application is much convenient than uploading the images manually for many reasons :-
  • This tool will take the game title and search for the CUSA type of the game from your system so you don't have to search CUSA of the game anymore
  • It'll resize the images for you to the required size so you no longer need to use any applications or whatsoever to do so.
Not only that but it also count how many images are required for each game (icon) some games require only 2 images while others require more, so no longer counting them by yourself it'll count and overwrite them.
  • This tool will connect to your PS4 system through FTP directly so you no longer need FTP client applications such as FileZilla atleast not for changing the game icons or profile avatar.
  • I added a Library (Circlizeit.zip) that has lots of images for you to choose from.
⬆️ What's new in v5 BETA

For end users:

• Finally Independent version ImageMagick is no longer required
  • In the Games List Game IDs now shown next to the game title
  • Modes can be changed without restarting the program
  • Backup icons will never be overwritten nor removed [used to cache once then overwrite the older one]
  • Circular icon scrolling when the last icon's reached, it'll begin again from the start and vice versa.
  • Faster caching new techniques added
  • New option Download database for a faster caching process
  • Patched Options window to be scalable
For developers:
  • Local database implemented & fetched from DEFAULTDNB. For game titles caching "Read wiki for details"
  • Subproccess implementation to convert PNG to DDS DXT1 compression using DirectXTex/texconv
  • Buffer size increased to ~65500 bytes
  • Clean up code and files structure
  • OOP implementation Better performance & less memory usage
Contribution

Do not hesitate to send me new suggestions and ideas for the application. Twitter: OfficialAhmed0

Pictures

Iconit PS4 Tool to Change PlayStation 4 Game Icons by OfficialAhmed.png

Iconit PS4 Tool to Change PlayStation 4 Game Icons by OfficialAhmed 2.png

Iconit PS4 Tool to Change PlayStation 4 Game Icons by OfficialAhmed 3.png

Spoiler: Legacy Versions (v4.07 and Below)

Iconit PS4 Tool to Change PlayStation 4 Game Icons by OfficialAhmed.jpg

Comments

The problem with games leaving physical media and moving toward digital is that you never really own anything. Take Windows 10. It forces upgrades and breaks software that you may have paid for. VMWare Workstation is a good example. Windows 10 1903 broke VMWare for many users.

Jailbreaking today protects users from future updates that remove functionality on the PS4. Backups and homebrew are a nice bonus even if you have to forgo some current content. A second PS4 solves that.

Finally, having a community of jailbreakers today means that you'll probably have the community tomorrow when Gamestop and physical media distribution have truly ended.

Almost every new thread there is a discussion about updating the ps4 or not. I ask myself - to hell - why why why...????

Do it - or do it not - but dont talk everytime the same thing - its not interesting for the other user.

PS4 scene is dead, nobody is working in a new stuff, if you want to keep your jailbroken PS4 do it and enjoy the old games, i update and use a PS4 savewizard and now i have a greaaaaat time.

In ebay you can buy accounts to play digital games and you pay less money for the game. I bought Resident Evil 2 for $20 US, Not free but at least enjoy my PS4...

@TwojaStaraWOC Orrrr.... save up money instead of spending $30 to $50 on a game and buy a second PS4 to play the new releases, there are tons of free games playable on 5.05

Normal/Causal are cheaper than Jailbroken consoles, new 4 to 5 games in price equals a new PS4 it's a simple math really XD

@GamerX2
I updated my console a long time ago, but there are a lot of people who haven't done it because they believe that jailbreak will be released.
And they don't even know what mistake they are making.

This thread is about Iconit, stop posting about updating and getting off of HEN (this is disrespectful to the tool and the releaser going off topic).

Thank you OfficalAhmed for your tool, and apologizes for people hijacking the thread to discuss updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back