Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 21, 2019 at 3:03 AM       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following recent Spiderman PS4 Decryption and PS4 Remote Play Protocol Reverse-Engineering development comes IG Tools this weekend by doesthisusername, which are a collection of Kaitai Struct / Python 3.4+ scripts for use in modding and reversing PS4 titles by Insomniac Games including Ratchet & Clank (RACPS4) and may work with Sunset Overdrive according to the developer. :geek:

Download: ig-tools-master.zip / GIT

From the README.md, to quote: Assortment of tools for some recent Insomniac Games titles

This is basically a dumping ground for my stuff, due to people asking for sources, and I don't want to constantly zip them up. May work with Sunset Overdrive, though I've mainly been testing RACPS4 stuff myself.

Still, I would like to document general structure and use, at the least. I'll provide a high-level overview here, but you should read their respective READMEs for more info.

general

general is probably the most interesting, it has some Python (3.4+, due to Enum) scripts for extracting, decompressing, building, and (minimally) compressing game files.

crc

crc has some stuff for "bruteforcing" labels from the game (helps with reversing file sections). In C.

igt

igt has (as of now) a C rewrite of the general decompressor. It's a lot faster than the Python version, but it doesn't do much else. And the Python version only takes like two seconds anyway.

Stuff that needs doing
  • Increase ig_model2obj.py compatibilty. Will need to reverse more of the vertex structure.
  • Expand igt with more functionality.
  • Remove need for toc.template in ig_build.py. Will need to edit the script a little bit, but not much.
  • Write guides. I am pretty bad at this.
  • General streamlining.
  • Improve .ksy files.
Finally, below are some captures of the Ratchet and Clank PS4 Debug Menu from @manfightdragon on Twitter for those interested:
IG Tools Insomniac Games Reversing and Modding PS4 Tools.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back