Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2018 at 10:44 PM       32      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long ago we reported on a PS3 port of UnDat for PS4, and following his OrbisPKG PS4 Tool PlayStation 4 developer @RedEyeX32 (Twitter) made available an index.dat PS4 Encrypter / Decrypter utility to pack / unpack PlayStation 4 index data archive files. :cool:

Download: index-master.zip / GIT

To quote from the README.md: index

Copyright (c) 2018 Red-EyeX32

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications*, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledge in the product documentation is required.

2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.

3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

Contact must be made to discuss permission and terms.

Index.dat PS4 Encrypter  Decrypter Utility by Red-EyeX32.jpg

Comments

@fisterfilly
That's not a new jailbreak. Only with actual fw you can get online.
The devs said it will never get a exploit over fw 5.05.
So the answer is easy , you cant never play online with a hacked ps4

If you mean "ps4 will never get an kexploit above 5.05" you are wrong. There is already a full exploit for 5.55, it's just not released by the devs, which is okay because it is their work and nobody can force them to do so.

@482877494 sorry for my Bad english ...
I am a german man...
Your words are right ...
The devs Plan isnt Release a exploit higher than 5.05.
But the end is the Same....
They didnt have the master key from ps4.
They didnt Release hen for the newest fw.
End of the Story? Right, you cant play online with ps4.

@lxtr What Shows the Video?
Only work with PC, download, cancel download .switch w LAN. .. But nothing Shows about debug settings in ps4 with fw over 5.05. What will effect of his Action on PC? My turkey is worse than my english

Wolo says in itself, the set of tools will not be useful for the general population. However index.dat contains the version.txt file, which is apparently a critical component for firmware version spoofing on Sony consoles (at least on PS3 and PS Vita). Specifically, people have been saying that modifying this file is one of the necessary pieces to access PSN services from a hacked console. (Along with X-passphrase, allegedly).

This probably goes without saying, but assuming PS4 firmware spoofers are made available in the future that would let users access Sony’s PSN from a hacked console, I strongly advise against using such tools. They’re in complete breach of Sony’s Terms of Services and could get your account or console permanently banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back