Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter caghandemir       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

caghandemir

Contributor
So I thought, why inject games? Why not inject a backup loader and use it? So I tried injecting it. But my FW was 4.80. I injected it anyways. Well... Kinda. It doesn't start. (80010017 error) But it's something, right? I couldn't find anything related to this on internet so I'm publishing it here.

Tools you need are here: tools.zip

1) Backup your PS3 using "Backup Utility" and get that backup on your PC.
2) Extract the PKG with PKGView.
3) Open up PeXploit Lite and load your backup, select your user ID.
4) Show the extracted PKG folder in the next space.
5) Inject and load it back to your PS3.
6) ?????
7) Profit! (Kinda.)

Anyone is welcome to improve this method or trying it on a lower FW, of course.

You probably already know that 3.55 and below can be jailbroken, and 3.56 and above (excluding the 3K and 4K models which can't be) require a hardware flasher to jailbreak them. A chart is available HERE with more details on that.

Also, if a game contains a file such as an EBOOT.BIN that's signed for a specific Firmware (4.21 for example) then it won't work on a newer Firmware (4.80 for example) because the keys used to sign it were keys from 4.21 and 4.80 uses different keys.

You probably already know that 3.55 and below can be jailbroken, and 3.56 and above (excluding the 3K and 4K models which can't be) require a hardware flasher to jailbreak them. A chart is available HERE with more details on that.

Also, if a game contains a file such as an EBOOT.BIN that's signed for a specific Firmware (4.21 for example) then it won't work on a newer Firmware (4.80 for example) because the keys used to sign it were keys from 4.21 and 4.80 uses different keys.
I know. I already said it doesn't work and thanks for the signing info.
WIP ???
GUIDE ???

FACEPALM!!!
I didn't put the "Guide" part. Mods did.

I will remove the 'guide' and move this to PS3 Help... right now it's posted in the PS3 Guides & Tutorials section.

If you do make a Guide or Tutorial out of it let me know and we'll move it back and title it accordingly. ;)

Deleted / missing / dead links are bad for Google rankings so it's best to leave them or (worse case scenario) edit them to change the contents if they are offensive, etc. :evilsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back